We are Wireless. Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love.
Times Radio is a new voice in national speech digital radio that is already making waves. After a successful launch in June 2020, we have built up a strong reputation for providing well-informed, thoughtful, intelligent and useful news, analysis and discussion, covering the key stories of the day. We combine the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the deep speech radio and podcasting experience of Wireless to create a station that listeners are enjoying in ever-greater numbers. We have a world-class line-up of presenters and excellent guests, who enjoy the fact that we minimise interruptions and prioritise conversation over confrontation.
Your Role: As freelance Assistant Producer, you will work for programme Producers to originate story ideas and suggest and book guests and treatments to create intelligent news-based speech radio that is compulsive and engaging.
Day to day you will:
- Come up with news-based ideas for interviews and discussions
- Book and research guests and discussions
- Source and edit audio
- Take on other production tasks as required for the show
- Keep across audience interaction during the show
- Turn around the best news lines for digital and external impact
- Read widely, especially around UK and foreign politics, and come up with ideas for topics and guests for future shows
What we’re looking for from you:
You will be passionate about news and politics, and able to use your initiative and journalistic experience to produce first-class stories. You will be able to create engaging content. Excellent presentation and writing skills are essential. Your credentials will include:
- An experienced journalist who is obsessed by the news and has got fresh ideas for speech radio
- A track record in radio production and an ear for great audio
- Experience of working on live speech and news programmes
- Excellent existing contacts with newsmakers and other newsy and political guests
- Ability to build productive relationships with a wide range of organisations and individuals
- Creative mind and ability to think differently
- You are happy in a fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- A desire to learn
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.