Audio & Video Content Producer
Audio & Video Content Producer
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, Red FM, iRadio, Media Central, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is looking for an Ireland-based audio creator and producer for our music and entertainment team. You will work with radio producers, our newsroom reporters and content editors, as well as video colleagues, to develop and produce long-form documentaries and radio shows. A professional background in audio journalism, top-notch writing skills, and strong experience producing in the studio and the field are essential for this role.
As an audio producer, you will be responsible for writing, curating, editing and mixing multiple audio packages over a 12-month fixed term. A strong understanding of current affairs, music and good editorial judgment are key, as are in-class and accurate audio editing skills (Adobe Audition and / or Pro Tools preferred).
The position is based in our Dublin offices with sporadic remote working opportunities including the need to travel to capture content, and reports to the Managing Editor of Music & Entertainment.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet or exceed the key candidate requirements and five links to past work that represents the type of work described. Candidates who do not submit cover letters will not be considered.
What you’ll do
- Research topics of interest to the portfolio of different target audiences for our music and entertainment brands, as set by the Managing Editor.
- Source timely contemporary and archival audio.
- Pitch and write script segments for on-demand and broadcast episodes.
- Edit and mix full episodes of on-demand and broadcast episodes
- Book, plan and execute in-person and remote interviews with contributors and sources, coaching those without audio experience..
- Coordinate with contributors and colleagues in Ireland and potential other offices.
- Propose new and original ideas for timely and relevant programming and documentary ideas.
- Work to improve the social media presence of these projects.
- Serve as a backup producer for the music and entertainment content team.
- Manage multiple projects in various stages of production.
- Fact-check and ensure that all journalistic and legal standards are followed.
- Be flexible to work varied periods weekdays, weekends and during some holidays all influenced by the opportunity to curate and create the best product for each project.
- Complete additional production duties as assigned, including working on multiple projects at once.
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- At least three years of experience serving as an audio producer in an on-demand or live broadcast environment.
- Experience working on entertainment audio, preferably with music and speech formats.
- A track record of producing quality audio content efficiently under tight deadline.
- Knowledge of current events, Irish and world politics, entertainment, and a nose for great stories.
- Ability to interview and coach varied people capturing their amazing stories.
- Skills in operating radio studios and podcast studios.
- The ability to communicate clearly and a collaborative spirit.
- Full clean driving license and passport, enabling you to travel across Ireland and abroad.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- You have a professional-level understanding of Adobe Audition and/or Pro Tools.
- You have a professional understanding of image/video capture and Adobe Premiere.