Junior Business Development Executive
Into to Station/ Business:
Cork’s 96FM & C103 is one of Ireland’s biggest and most successful local radio businesses. Operating from Broadcasting House in the city, Cork’s 96FM is the home to Ireland’s number 1 breakfast show, KC & Ross in the Morning. C103 plays Cork’s Greatest Hits from studios in both Mallow and Bandon. Both brands attract almost a quarter of a million adult listeners across Cork City and County each week.
The Team: Cork’s 96FM & C103
Your Role: Cork’s 96FM & C103 are looking to expand on its market leading sales team and we are now hiring a Junior Business Development Executive to drive new business acquisition and identify new revenue streams.
Passion for media & sales is the key for success in this role.
The successful candidate will have a flair for digital media with the drive & ambition to bring our brands to new commercial customers.
Day to day you will:
- Develop new business for Cork’s 96FM & C103 across ALL our platforms - on air, on street and online
- Identify new revenue streams through our social and online platforms
- Meet monthly, quarterly, and yearly revenue targets as set by sales management
- Prepare accurate advertising contracts on behalf of the company
- Complete all sales-related paperwork including reports, bookings, productions requests, solutions briefs, credit applications, CRM, etc.
- Adhere to all sales department policies, including recommended rates and packages
- Assist with special sales-related projects
- Stay abreast of competitive conditions
- Consistently strive for best-in-class customer care delivery
What we’re looking for from you:
- Highly motivated and self starter
- Tech savvy with strong knowledge of digital platforms
- Experience in sales (media sales preferred but not essential)
- Must have strong cold-calling skills
- Ability to manage the full sales-cycle, from lead sourcing to closing
- Efficient in Microsoft tools including Excel & PowerPoint
- Valid full Irish driving licence with own car
What's in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary + car allowance + commissions.
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.