Commercial Support Executive
The Team: U105, a personality led station that broadcasts from the heart of Belfast with over 261,000 people tuning in each week across Northern Ireland for a combined total of 2.1 million hours per week. U105 offers a superb mix of classic pop hits from the 80s through to melodic contemporary artists, soft rock, classic/new country and the present day.
Our people are the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial and audio content, listeners and readership into revenue through successful and innovative advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives.
Your Role: We are looking for a Commercial Support Executive who is required to provide administrative assistance to the Sales, SPI and Programming teams, along with the day to day running and administration of the radio stations
Day to day you will:
- Greet and receive all visitors to the building and provide refreshment
- Sales administration for the sales team and SPI including: Distributing incoming leads to the sales team, updating daily documents and reports, producing “Planit” schedules as and when requested
- Act as point of contact for Head Of Sales/Station Head
- Day to day running for the station including the stationary order, receiving and following up on any phone calls received externally and setting up any new suppliers to the station
- To assist SPI when required i.e. holiday cover and busy periods
- Support planning and booking of all SPI activity through internal systems
- Support the sales team with new and existing customers to develop long-term relationships
- Provide accurate revenue reports daily to station management and sales teams and updating the CRM system
- Liaise with Sales/SPI to ensure all campaign bookings are moved onto reports as swiftly as possible
- Support the Sales/SPI teams to achieve revenue targets on a monthly basis
- Carrying out final checks to ensure all processes are completed correctly before accepting a sales booking onto the system.
- Ensuring that all copy is processed and sent to traffic before deadlines & making any necessary adjustments ensuring all audio is correct and in date
- Ensuring that all finance processes are met, carrying out prepayments and updating internal docs when necessary.
- Carrying out support training with any new employees & supporting current employees ensuring that they understand all processes using the checklists and training guides
- Organising, scheduling promotional team to ensure they are briefed and equipped for any off air event
- Managing, scheduling, and running monthly reports for all clients.
- Telesales support for specific projects
- Undertake any other responsibility deemed appropriate
What we’re looking for from you:
You are a positive, self motivated, outgoing individual who thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience within a similar supporting / customer service role
- Demonstrable knowledge/ experience of telesales role
- Competent in using IT programs
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- The ability to complete work that requires a high level of accuracy
- Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We are Wireless Ireland: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of News Broadcasting with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond. Wireless Ireland is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News: At News UK & Ireland our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.