CEO – Independent Broadcasters of Ireland
Would you like to work with and represent one of Ireland’s most successful media sectors?
The Independent Broadcasters of Ireland (IBI) represents the interests of Irish independent radio broadcasters to Government, Regulators, the wider Irish and European media, and the Irish public. It comprises national, regional, multi-city and local radio stations and their digital and multi-media offerings.
The mission of IBI is to positively influence the future direction of the radio industry in Ireland by working with government, regulators, and stakeholders to ensure the needs and interests of the IBI and its members are met and that the contribution of the radio industry to society is understood and appreciated.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate to become Chief Executive of the Independent Broadcasters of Ireland and shape the future of the media landscape in Ireland.
Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for the ongoing development of the organisation and will implement the strategies, policies, and decisions of the Board.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A strong understanding of the Irish and European broadcast industry and regulatory environments.
- Significant experience in dealing with government departments, elected representatives, regulatory bodies, and other industry groups.
- The ability to manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to build consensus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable administration and organisational abilities.
- The ability to work independently on one’s own initiative and to tight deadlines.
- The willingness to work across the wide range of IBI activities and areas of focus.
A remote or hybrid work policy is in place for this role.
Interested candidates should send a detailed CV and cover letter explaining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday, November 10th, 2023.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Independent Broadcasters of Ireland is an equal-opportunity employer.