Breakfast Producer MFR
We’re looking for a creative radio producer to join one of the UK’s most successful radio stations, MFR.
Working alongside the Regional Content Director and Senior Executive Producer, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the MR Breakfast show, planning short, medium- and long-term content. You will also focus on audio and multi-platform ideas for both content and promotions to sit within the show.
We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Knowledge of our music policy and understanding of our core audience is important.
Do you want to be the next Producer of Jodie at Breakfast on MFR? Apply today!
MFR is part of the Hits Radio Network, Bauer’s largest radio network in the UK. Broadcasting across the Highlands, Moray, and Aberdeenshire, MFR’s output is heard across an area similar in size to Belgium. The successful candidate will be producing Jodie at Breakfast, the market leading breakfast show in the North of Scotland.
What You'll Do
- You will make sure our output is of the highest quality. You will ensure that the MFR Breakfast Show runs smoothly, and everything is in place for our presenters to be the best they can be.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of how Breakfast shows are produced and the ability to manage the technical aspects to make this happen.
- Plan and produce shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Confident direction and support for talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation from studios (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit which always adheres to the Ofcom code.
- You will lead the promotion of the show outside Breakfast Show hours. Which key moment of the day would create a great talk up for our line-up to talk about? E.g., Writing Show Talk Up’s and mixing Breakfast Show Promo. This will include working closely with the network team based at other stations.
- Great archiving skills so we can locate key audio moments in an instant for award entries.
- Manage our Breakfast Show social media strategy and find new and exciting ways to engage and grow audiences working with Regional Content Director and our marketing, digital content, design, and video production teams.
- Development of content across different platforms.
- Working hours are expected to be 5.30am to 2.00pm although flexibility will be honoured when possible.
- The role will also involve working with the wider Hits Radio Network team to support wherever necessary such as adding production, building shows, and supporting the Regional Content Director when needed.
What You'll Bring
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all the latest social media trends, and be fluent in social media content creation
- Have demonstrable and relevant experience working in Audio Production.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of how radio shows are produced and the ability to manage the technical aspects to make this happen.
- Working with the Content Directors to guide and support on-air talent to create market leading radio for their target audiences.
- Ability to switch to cover other on-air teams if and when required
- Have world class passion & drive to produce outstanding content to compete with all other media outlets
- Have a good understanding of Zetta playout system or similar
Expiry Date 13th August 2023
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers