Digital and Social Media Executive – Red FM
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, Red FM, iRadio, Media Central, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Red FM is one of Cork’s popular radio stations and media brands, bringing ‘Cork’s Good Times’ to audiences through our music, content and on air personalities.
About the Role
Red FM is now seeking an experienced Digital & Social Media Executive who will work alongside the wider station team in content, commercial and marketing. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you will be the driving force behind Red FM’s social media channels, tasked with retaining and engaging our audience with content that represents ‘Cork’s Good Times’ and showcases our popular line up of personalities.
You will be a confident, enthusiastic team player, collaborating with the wider Red FM team, including commercial and programming departments, to drive audience growth and exceed brand objectives.
You will have a good appreciation of the tone and personality of Red FM and possess the ability to capture that in all social media output. Ideally, you will also have a good knowledge of the Irish radio and entertainment industry and possess creative ideas on how a brand like Red FM can grow its digital appeal to its discerning audience.
This is an exciting role for any social media enthusiast and content creator, allowing you the creative scope to build on an already highly engaged and loyal social audience.
What you'll do:
- As a key member of the Red FM team, you will work closely with brand, video, design, on-air and commercial teams to develop a consistent and high standard of social content output • Act as guardian of all Red FM social media channels, owning content and community management across Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Create regular lifestyle and entertainment articles for Red FM.com ensuring content is capturing all of the good times happening in Cork
- Collaborate with on-air content teams to create and repurpose radio content rapidly to our online channels
- Ownership of the content planning, scheduling and distribution plan for Red FM social channels striking a perfect balance between original and user generated content
- Daily management of online and social content calendar with the ability to react and adapt at short notice
- Own the social KPIs for Red FM, analysing and reporting on a monthly basis
- Contribute to creative ideation and implement commercial campaigns across Red FM’s social channels
- Onboard new channels and establish optimum ways of working, keeping up to date with emerging social trends
- Support and contribute to additional social media requirements within Music & Entertainment on an ad hoc basis
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- Technical knowledge and experience of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok and YouTube • 2-3 years plus experience in managing digital communications platforms
- Ability to edit ‘on-the-go’ with various apps - for the purposes of posting to social channels
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills delivering engaging social post copy and longer form articles
- Experience using digital analytics suites e.g. Google Analytics, Crowdtangle and scheduling tools e.g. Echobox
- Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager & Twitter for Business required - TikTok for business experience welcomed
- Video editing, graphic design and animation skills are desirable
- Proficiency of the Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Premiere Pro important, with After Effects knowledge welcomed
- Experience of executing targeted paid-social campaigns
- Experience broadcasting LIVE from social-media platforms a plus
- Experience of CMS (content management systems) or similar
- Knowledge of media copyright desirable
- Be comfortable collaborating with colleagues working across the business on a knowledge sharing and workflow improvement basis
- A solid knowledge of the 98FM brand and its products
- A strong sense of what content will engage the 98FM audience
- Good organisational skills and the ability to forward plan
- A strong work ethic and desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- A creative mind and quick wit!
- Brilliant attention to detail and the ability to work within a busy and dynamic environment