Digital News Journalist
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Digital News Journalist
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Senior Digital News Editor
Overview of job
Come join Global’s newsroom, as we evolve and expand our digital offering across our market leading apps and websites. We are looking for forward-thinking, hard-working news journalists who want to excel at writing, editing, curating, SEO and social media
3 best things about the job
- Working on one of the UK’s leading news brands!
- Utilising a variety of skills to bring your journalism to a wide audience
- Covering a wide variety of news for LBC’s digital audience
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Covered multiple stories for LBC’s website
- Pitched ideas, carried out interviews
- Written live blogs
Responsibilities of the role
- Write and distribute the news across our digital and social platforms, including desktop and mobile web, apps, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Report news as it happens online with strong breaking news skills and generate web traffic through application of advanced social media showcasing skills
- Keep users up to date with the latest news stories
- Work with Global’s Newsrooms across the UK to build digital version of their outstanding stories
- Identify compelling, outstanding stories and user-generated content of interest to our readers
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Experience of working in a newsroom
- All the skills needed to be an online journalist
- This will require overnight and weekend work
- You will be working from our London office, in Leicester Square
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global