Head of Sponsorship & Promotion
Head of Sponsorship & Promotion - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Into to Station/ Business:
Cork’s 96FM & C103 is one of Ireland’s biggest and most successful local radio businesses. Operating from Broadcasting House in the city, Cork’s 96FM is the home to Ireland’s number 1 breakfast show, KC & Ross in the Morning. C103 plays Cork’s Greatest Hits from studios in both Mallow and Bandon. Both brands attract almost a quarter of a million adult listeners across Cork City and County each week.
Your Role: As the Head of Sponsorship & Promotions, you will manage and coordinate all aspects of S&P activity on both Cork’s 96FM & C103, ensuring compliance with regulatory and brand guidelines.
Day to day you will:
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of S&P activity.
- Ensure compliance and drive listener engagement.
- Prepare sponsorship proposals for the market.
- Develop promotions in conjunction with the Content Team.
- Co-ordinate the calendar for our on street promo team, The Streetfleet
- Develop case studies for S&P.
- Develop and deliver presentations when required.
- Organise S&P events both station and client-led.
- Identify opportunities to grow year on year S&P revenue and the client base.
- Organise and run weekly promotions meetings.
- Attend and contribute to sales meetings as required.
- Represent the company and brand as requested.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in managing and coordinating S&P activities is desirable.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and resilience skills are required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Passion for our two brands.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com