Senior Social Media Producer – Magic
We are looking for a Senior Social Media Producer to join the team at Magic Radio.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to develop the social media output for Magic Radio, and create concepts and ideas from start to completion. Reporting into the Digital Editor, you will develop ideas and work closely with other teams within the business such as Marketing, producers, commercial teams, the content director and the wider Magic social media team.
The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about social media, understanding how to utilise platforms separately to reach our target audiences on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube. With a keen eye for trends, fresh ideas, and an ability to speak in our brand’s tone of voice. Someone who is confident and shows initiative in bringing plans and ideas to fruition and is able to build working relationships with talent and the wider Magic team.
This is a hybrid working role between home and our office in London.
Magic Radio is a legendary well-loved brand and is part of the Bauer Audio Portfolio. We are a brand for people over 35 and beyond, who want a positive space to take a beat, find a smile, discover a meaningful moment and connect to the music they love; we enjoy life and live it together right now. With 3.8 million listeners on air and counting our goal is to produce world class content that reaches new and existing customers both on air, online and on social. At the age of over 40 and into 50s, the Magic community of listeners and social followers face many pulls and pushes in life. Busy careers, family juggles; be it young children, kids who’ve flown the next and parents getting older. From parenting to divorce, financial commitments, menopause to mental health are many areas of life that affect them. The content we produce on air and online gives a moment to smile and find their happy place.
Magic is a fun team. We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Music knowledge and understanding of the audience is important.
- Creating and scheduling posts across Magic Radio’s social platforms to promote on air content, music, events and topical content
- Working with the wider Magic team on station initiatives and commercial projects
- Working with talent and guests, creating compelling content and directing them so we achieved the desired end result
- Liaising with producers about on-air content and reflecting it on social
- Community engagement across our social platforms, interacting with our followers and answering questions
- Liaising with the commercial teams on projects and outside broadcasts
- Working out of hours at Magic Radio events, live posting on our social media platforms and creating content on the go
- Shows initiative in bringing ideas to fruition – pro-active, committed and able to work calmly under pressure
- Confident social media professional who understands the landscape, and is able to bring in fresh content ideas
- Experience planning, creating and editing content for different social media platforms, and catering to their differing algorithms
- Able to write in a brand’s tone of voice, and understands how to portray a brand identity on social
- Organised with attention to detail
- A team player with a collaborative approach to working
- Strong communication skills – both in person and virtually – and good time management skills, with the ability to forward plan
- Understanding of data reporting through platform’s native tools and third party platforms
- Experience writing copy, with good spelling and grammar
- Confident social media professional, with experience in video and digital content curation and posting on brand accounts
- Proficient at using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience at using scheduling tools to run social media accounts
- Beneficial: experience working in a live broadcast environment
Expiry date 19th July 2023
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers