Media Sales Team Manager
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
REPORTING TO: Commercial Director
SALARY: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum OTE £69,000
Premier is the UK’s largest Christian media organisation and the gateway to around 2 million highly engaged people. Premier’s distinct media environment covers 3 radio stations, 3 magazine brands and a host of associated websites and digital communications, as well as a suite of podcasts. Our media sales professionals sell across the full portfolio; radio print and digital advertising, promotions, sponsorships, and events, dealing with a broad range of Christian and secular brands, organisations, and Ministries.
We are looking for an experienced media sales manager, ideally with experience in radio advertising and sponsorship selling. Experience in print and digital media is also a distinct advantage, as is the ability to sell across events. You will be an experienced media advertising professional yourself, with the ability to grow your own revenue and exceed your own targets. You will also have experience in managing a small team of up to 5 sales professionals, ensuring that team targets and goals are met and using performance management tools and techniques, including our CRM platform, to create a high-performing team.
- In line with the agreed sales strategies, you will manage a team of media sales professionals ensuring daily productivity is high and income is exceeding targets
- You will ensure your own account base is managed, reaches, and exceeds your own targets, and grows its income because of new business generation, cross-selling and upselling
- You will inspire the team to reach their goals and act as a role model for less experienced team members
- You will be comfortable in a deadline-driven environment and able to prioritise your workload
- You will have a proven track record of sales achievement, and possess all the skills necessary to source and close new business
- You will have experience using CRM platforms to manage pipeline performance and be comfortable analysing and interpreting performance data
Post-holder will work in a Christian environment and will deal with Christian organisations, Christian Ministries, and Christian listeners, most of the time; therefore, it will be necessary for the post-holder to be a Christian.
Due to the number of applications we receive, we cannot reply to unsuccessful candidates, therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application please accept that on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.