Presenter / Producer – Downtown Radio
We are looking for a Producer / Presenter to join our team at Downtown Radio in Belfast.
Bauer Media Audio NI is a fun place to be. Everyone’s opinion is valued equally. A place where everyone is welcome. We love people who love radio. We love great talent and creativity. You’ll be working with our talented content team in Northern Ireland and will be hands on across multiple platforms creating and shaping content across Downtown Radio, Cool FM and Downtown Country.
Working closely with the Digital Content Editor and Content Director you’ll be an all-round creator, with an ear for what sounds great coming out of the radio and what looks amazing on a social media timeline! You’ll be someone who understands the 24/7 nature of the broadcast media and an early riser - working alongside our busy breakfast shows to help create and produce multiplatform content.
- Working with our breakfast show talent to create and develop onair and social content strands
- Create engaging audio/visual social media content
- Proactively researching new tools / content ideas aimed at driving logged in listening figures
- Supporting the Content Director and Deputy Content Director in the delivery of on air content strands across the entire schedule
- Supporting the Digital Content Editor to contribute to digital content and video curation day to day
- Moderate social media channels and respond to audience enquiries
- Pitch in with creative ideas at regular planning sessions
- Work at events, which will be outside of traditional office hours, to provide multi-platform coverage
- Reporting, analysing and sharing regular stats reports alongside key learnings and social media trends
What you'll bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- Previous experience working in a broadcast and/or social media environment desirable
- An ear for what makes great and engaging live radio. You’ll already have a great knowledge of the medium and an understanding of regulatory obligations.
- You'll be confident using audio editing software, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, online content management systems and similar
- You care about what’s relevant and essential for our audience. You will be fully across social media in your day to day life (Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook and other social platforms) you will know how to create compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You will understand how to drive engagement and new followers regardless to the platform or the station genre / demographic
- A natural problem solver, together with your creative flair and judgment, you'll choose the right solutions for all the platforms you work on
- You will have extraordinary time management skills, creativity and strategic planning.
- You'll understand the target audience inside out and have a sound understanding on how to grow audiences regardless to the platform
- A willingness to work on exciting projects that may see you working in unusual location at irregular hours
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers