Producer – Radio
6 Month Contract
Fresh Start Media is looking for an experienced, freelance radio producer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing a weekly music and entertainment programme for a national classical music Radio Station.
Based in London - this is a part time contracted position with flexible hours, perfect for freelancers. We will find the right work pattern for the right candidate. Competitive rates. Occasional work on Sunday mornings will be expected.
Fresh Start Media embraces diversity, celebrates creativity and seeks to employ the best people who want to grow with the company.
We are looking for enthusiastic self starters who are hungry to develop their career with a production company that produces major radio and award winning television programmes.
The role will involve you managing high profile guests and presenters to the Radio Station so you will have to be able to build positive working relationships with individuals in the on-air and off-air team and ensure presenters comply with the media law and OFCOM regulations.
It’s important you have an interest in – or a keenness to learn more about – classical music, including showtunes from musicals and film, television and videogame scores.
Key Purpose of the Role: Working closely with the main presenter and executives at Fresh Start Media and the radio station - book guests, create content and ideas, write running orders with briefs on guests and music and produce a weekly live programme to the highest standard.
- Sourcing and booking high profile and newsworthy guests
- You’ll need to demonstrate experience producing live programmes, directing presenting talent in a studio environment and editing audio at a high standard for broadcast.
- Compiling the programme running order with briefs on guests, background information on music pieces and information about the Radio Station’s activities and programming.
- You will be expected to studio produce the live show on Sunday mornings on rotation with other producers
- To deliver the station’s format in line with the Music and Content Directors requirements and brand plan
- Provide material to the radio station’s social media team to promote the programme
- You’ll need to be confident enough to work alone, without direction and must be a team player with a positive attitude and initiative. You will be expected to liaise with Fresh Start Media and the Radio Station’s executives and music programmers to clear guest bookings, creative ideas and help create music playlists.
- Experience in guest booking and a substantial contact network with PR companies, television press offices and record companies to book fab guests
- Experience producing live programmes
- Experience directing presenting talent in a studio environment
- Experience editing audio at a high standard for broadcast
- To have an understanding of both contemporary and core classical music
- To have up-to-date knowledge of media law and OFCOM regulations
- Must be a confident enough to work alone, without direction and must be a team player
- To be a creative thinker with the ability to generate ideas relevant to the brand
- Experience of Zetta, G-Selector and Audition is an advantage
Candidates should include their CV, references and a covering letter with their application.