The Team: U105, a personality led station that broadcasts from the heart of Belfast with over 234,000 people tuning in each week across Northern Ireland for a combined total of 1.8 million hours per week. U105 offers a superb mix of classic pop hits from the 80s through to melodic contemporary artists, soft rock, classic/new country and the present day.
Our people are the driving force behind our business, translating our editorial and audio content, listeners and readership into revenue through successful and innovative advertising campaigns that really do achieve their objectives.
Your Role: Reporting to the Sales Manager, you will work on behalf of local businesses to reach the biggest potential audience with the strongest and most persuasive advertising campaigns.
Day to day you will:
- You will be responsible for managing a client list of existing business as well as generating new clients to grow year on year revenue and the customer base.
- You will need to maximise revenue opportunities across our audio, digital and press audiences while meeting agreed targets and activities
- Creative selling of sponsorships and promotions.
- Contribute to the creation of competitive commercial packages
- Regularly attend face to face meetings with clients and prospects
- Prepare proposals and client correspondence while ensuring that clients are aware of rates and commercial deals at all time
- Attend sales meetings and support other members of the Sales Team as and when required
- Be involved in client events when appropriate
- Keep abreast of developments in the media and commercial advertising sectors
- Monitor competitive activity on other stations and across other media
What we’re looking for from you:
You are a Sales Executive who is a positive, self motivated, outgoing individual who thrives under pressure and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will have experience of working in sales or advertising with an understanding of the media industry in Northern Ireland.
- Knowledge of developments in media and commercial advertising sectors within Northern Ireland plus the wider business marketplace.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to react positively to change
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and driven
- You will have an ability to influence and build long lasting relationships
What's in it for you?
You will receive a competitive salary + car allowance + commissions.
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We are Wireless Ireland: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of News Broadcasting with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond. Wireless Ireland is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News: At News UK & Ireland our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org