Senior Broadcast Engineer – Bauer Media
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Broadcast Engineer to join the Engineering team in Scotland at the home of Clyde 1 and Greatest Hits Radio in Scotland.
You will be responsible for broadcast systems with the focus being the delivery of effective and efficient technical solutions. This role will suit someone looking to further a career within the radio industry, you will be an excellent communicator and able to build strong relationships with colleagues at all levels and in all departments. Technical skills might come from your education, past jobs or a particular technical interest.
You should be self-motivated and flexible, be able to work alone as well as part of a team committed to high levels of service and quality. You’ll have a passion for technology and will love working in the fast-paced environment of radio. Helping people will not be a chore for you; it will be why you get out of bed each morning.
The location of this post is at Bauer Media’s studio centre in Clydebank near Glasgow. Normal working hours are 9am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday, with 25 days holiday. Some out of hours and on call work is required as well as working at other Bauer Media sites.
What you’ll do
- Implement and monitor studio/equipment maintenance procedures.
- Implement and maintain a comprehensive investment programme for broadcast equipment.
- Ensure system documentation is created and maintained.
- Detailed continuity planning with quantified risks.
- Contribute to tactical planning.
- Provide day-to-day technical advice/support to station management.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of technical issues through strong communications.
- Build strong relationships with local and regional Station teams.
- Ensure high levels of quality service from suppliers and vendors.
- Support and develop the broadcast infrastructure.
- Support the management team with respect to new technology.
- Support group technical strategy
What you’ll bring
- Background in Broadcast Engineering in mainstream radio station environment
- Experience of supporting an Axia Audio-over-IP environment and Digital Playout Systems
- Good knowledge of electronics, computers, audio test and measurement methods and equipment
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th November