Senior Producer, Capital
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Senior Producer, Capital
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Shows, Capital
Overview of job
Are you ready to join the UK’s biggest hit music radio brand? We are looking for an experienced Producer to join the world class team at Capital.
You’ll be working with the biggest names in UK Radio, crafting and managing industry leading content, and be an integral force in pushing the biggest hit music radio brand forward.
3 best things about the job
- You will be responsible for producing some of the most popular network shows on the UK’s largest hit music radio brand. You’ll have a particular focus on our Weekend output working with Rio Fredrika, Rob Howard and Jay London as the driving force and the creative direction of those shows!
- You will be responsible for leading the Weekend output on Capital and team of Freelance Producers
- You’ll be leading on some of Capital biggest projects including Capital’s Summertime and Jingle Bell Ball, outside broadcasts and marketing partnerships!
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Built great relationships with Capital’s Head of Shows, Capital’s presenters, the senior and the wider broadcasting and content team.
- Contributed and implemented exciting multi-platform creative ideas and show features.
- Built a great collaborative relationship with Capital’s digital team and become instrumental in helping to drive our digital content strategy across Global Player.
- Handled and delivered Capital’s integral premium rate content.
- Implemented some industry leading branded content ideas across the station.
Responsibilities of the role
- Handling the live studio environment of some of Capital’s flagship shows.
- Mentor, guide and give feedback to presenting team during and after live show.
- Develop and implement daily show features, interviews and story arc’s for your show.
- Responsible for planning, crafting and delivering award winning on-air content.
- Produce, collate and distribute all relevant scripts and show planning documents daily.
- An integral part of Capital senior production team will be handling some of Capital’s the biggest projects from conception to delivery.
- Good communication skills and exercise the best ways to communicate across the board from management level to presenters, teammates and clients.
- Attention to detail to ensure consistent high-quality work is being produced.
- You will develop and implement compelling Branded Content across our platforms.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Plenty of producer experience with a track record for producing top rating radio programmes and managing large scale projects.
- The ability to manage big personalities and handle the pressure that comes with working with some of the very best talent in the industry.
- Pride in your creativity, be full of ideas and be able to stimulate others too.
- Able to bring out the best from Capital’s presenter talent. Both well-established personalities that have seen it all and forward-thinking emerging talent, who need strong mentorship.
- A passion for the content and music on Heart and an acute awareness of how to engage a 15-34 audience across multiple platforms.
- Confident when working towards your own personal objectives as well as helping others in achieving business goals, setting and stretching new standards.
- On top of that, you’ll be someone who understands how to use digital platforms and build engaging content that is going to drive audience into Global Player at scale.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global