Senior Reporter – Clyde and GHR Scotland
We are looking for a Senior Reporter. You will work closely with the news team across Scotland and link into our news network across the UK, covering the Ayrshire and west of Scotland patch.
You will be joining a passionate, hard-working team who really care about keeping our listeners up to date. You must have a genuine interest in news, current affairs and sport to fit this role. News never stops and is a huge part of Bauer’s daily output, keeping our radio stations connected to the communities we broadcast to.
The successful candidate will be an experienced news reporter, capable of producing compelling local stories and reading news bulletins to the highest possible standard. You will know the patch and have great ideas for stories, features and campaigns. You will also be competent in updating our websites and social media, with a knowledge of digital journalism and producing video content.
- Focus on producing compelling local stories for both bulletins and online.
- Report and produce on location of major news and sport stories.
- Produce pictures and video as well as audio.
- Fill in on any bulletin reading or reporting shifts elsewhere, if required.
- Update local news content on our websites and on social media, ensuring this is compliant within the law.
What you will bring
- You will have a great voice and the ability to be able to produce compelling stories and work across a range of on-air, online, and social platforms.
- You will be able to work calmly and accurately and will ensure everything you broadcast or put on social media is legally sound, Ofcom compliant, accurate and balanced.
- You should be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of modern audio/video broadcasting platforms and how they can assist our teams in delivering news content to a wide range of audiences.
- You should be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the patch and the kinds of news and sport stories which will resonate with our local audiences.
- You will be joining a brilliant team who have each other’s backs so we are looking for a team player but also someone who can also work alone as a reporter, covering the local area.
- You will be passionate about news, sport, journalism, and radio.
- You MUST have a full driving licence.
Expiry Date 20th December 2023
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers