Freelance Visual Producer, talkSPORT
talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station. From World Cups and European Championships to the Premier League and the Champions League, through to Test cricket and world class boxing, the talkSPORT network is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events.
Your role: As a visual producer, you will be working closely with the radio production teams to provide
high quality visualised output from our studios in central London.
Day to day you will:
- Vision mixing in a live broadcast environment
- Correctly copying text on to screen graphics
- Liaising with the video editor and grabbing assets from folders
- Making sure presenters are framed correctly and constantly checking the output
- Keeping news ticker current and relevant
- Having a creative flair to play appropriate underlay
- Take responsibility with what can be done to make our visuals look next level
- Reporting technical issues
- Constantly checking for breaking news and stories
What we’re looking for from you:
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for radio, sport, cameras and technology, and would be comfortable working in a busy media setting, but this is not essential.
- You will need to have a proven track record of being able to multitask and can deal with constantly changing demands and instructions.
- You will be computer literate and picking up new software and updates will come naturally
- You’ll be dedicated to ensuring the visualisation of talkSPORT continues to go from strength to strength and take the station to the next level. You’ll be required to have laser-like focus and not be distracted with what can be a lively and noisy control room or newsroom.
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.