Visual Producer - Permanent
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020, Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
The Team: talkRADIO is the Home of Common Sense where Britain's best presenters deliver big opinions on the stories that matter to the nation.
Your Role: As a visual producer, you will be working closely with the production team to provide high quality output.
Day to day you will:
- Vision mix in a live broadcast environment
- Correctly copy text on to screen graphics
- Liaise with the video editor and grabbing assets from folders
- Make sure presenters are framed correctly and constantly checking the output
- Keepe news ticker current and relevant
- Have a creative flair to play appropriate underlay
- Take responsibility with what can be done to make our visuals look next level
- Reporte technical issues
- Create, start and stop YouTube live streams
- Constantly check for breaking news and stories
- Be dedicated to ensuring the visualisation of talkRADIO continues to go from strength to strength and take the station to the next level
What we’re looking for from you:
- Wide understanding of media law
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Be calm and editorially decisive in a pressured environment
- Be prepared to work evenings and weekends
- Experience working in a newsroom or busy media setting is preferable
- Proven ability to multitask and accommodate constantly changing priorities and instructions
- Computer literacy and the ability to pick up new software and updates
- Laser-like focus and not get distracted with what can be a lively and noisy control room or newsroom
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.