Assistant Producer, Casual Work
Times Radio has shaken up the broadcasting firmament since launching in June 2020. As a live news radio station, we have already built up a strong reputation for providing well-informed, thoughtful and intelligent news and discussion, covering the key stories of the day. We have combined the famous journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the radio experience of News Broadcasting to create a station that already has over 550,000 weekly listeners. We have a world-class line-up of presenters talking to excellent guests, who value conversation over confrontation.
Your role: As an Assistant Producer on Times Radio, you will work with the programme producer to generate story ideas and set up items and guests to create intelligent speech radio that is a compulsive and engaging listen.
Day to day you will:
- Come up with news-based ideas for interviews and discussions
- Research, book and write briefs for guests and stories
- Edit audio
- Brief presenters
- Help turn around the best news lines for digital and external impact
- Ensure we have guests in vision for our social media channels
- Plan future shows
- Work on special projects as needed
What we’re looking for from you:
- A journalist who loves the news and oozes ideas on a daily basis
- A passion for radio production and an ear for great audio
- You use initiative and have the ability to spot a story
- A creative mind and the ability to think differently
- Excellent knowledge of the current news environment and endless suggestions for suitable guests
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and are able to work quickly in small teams
- Used to working closely with presenters
- A reliable understanding of relevant compliance and legal issues
What's in it for you?
You will be joining a radio station where we will cover the biggest stories and most engaging talking points. You will help us find informed and likeable guests; working with presenters who are warm and witty - you will contribute to a station that will help listeners hear the world differently.
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Matt Chorley. And Talk TV is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
We are a diverse team and strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential. We want to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised, utilised and celebrated.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. We oppose all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We make better decisions, we’re stronger and happier, and it’s the right thing to do.