Freelance Developing Audio Creative
Are you an Audio Obsessive?
Mesmerised by Music… Wrapped up in Radio…
Passionate about Podcasts?
BBC Creative’s team of sound specialists is looking for a Freelance Developing Creative to join them. Our Audio Creatives write, edit and produce trails promoting a range of BBC content: from podcasts on BBC Sounds to the latest drama on BBC iPlayer.
As a trainee, you’d develop your craft with us. Including:
- Working to a marketing brief
- Script writing
- Recording audio content
- Self-op audio editing
- Directing talent
- Project and time management
- Communication skills (including stakeholder liaison)
- Working within a budget
The person we’re looking for has:
- BIG IDEAS!
- A demonstrable passion for radio and audio
- Script writing experience
- Audio editing experience (preferably Adobe Audition, but any DAW)
- Talent recording/directing experience
- An awareness of subjects that appeal to the under 35 audience
- A contemporary music knowledge
- Excellent time management and communication skills
If this is you, send your showreel, CV and covering letter (explaining why you meet the description above) to Head of Creative, firstname.lastname@example.org, by Fri 6th Jan 2023. Your showreel must not exceed 3 minutes and should include details of your contribution to each piece of audio (eg. concept creation; script writing; recording; mixing).
The initial freelance contract is for 3 months, with the potential to extend to 9 months. We work to a hybrid model and would expect you to be in one of our offices for at least 2 days a week. The Audio Team is based in London (W1) and Salford.
Interviews will be held in the week of 16th January 2023.
BBC Creative is the BBC’s in-house creative agency, responsible for the BBC’s marketing and branding. For examples of our work, go to BBC Creative.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com