Assistant Station Manager – Shout Radio
Shout Radio is looking for an assistant Station Manager, to help with the day-to-day management of the station. This individual will be responsible for assisting the Station Manager with daily operations, including:
- Show Uploads,
- Minor Admin Tasks,
- Communicating with other volunteers, dealing with problems, (such as providing show cover with other volunteers, basic support with broadcasting shows - IE: helping a presenter when he or she is accidently kicked off air (and or) providing excellent customer services to the listener.
- You will also be asked to cover one shift a week as the On Call Station Duty Officer, (Day Evenings for 4 - 6 hours)
- As well as attending monthly Management Team Meetings.
The volunteer should have:
- Knowledge on how a Internet Radio Stations work
- (If possible) Experience of Station Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Drive/Docs/Sheets
- Ability to work with a large and diverse group of volunteers
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as being independently pro-active
- Love of community (and or) Internet Radio is required
- Fun, bubbly and enjoys a laugh, while remaining professional
- Be able to have good ideas to help develop the station further
- Be able to work under pressure
- Should be 21 years or older.
Training on how to use our Cloud Based Playout System will be provided.
As part of the position, the volunteer will get:
- An account on our Cloud Playout System (Airsuite) which will allow the volunteer to manage the station
- an @shoutradio.org.uk email address and access to shared inboxes
- Access to a Telephone - provided as a softphone application on your PC Smart Phone. However if you have a IP Phone, we can remotely configure it to work with our Telephone System.
- Access to our Social Media Channels (Including Management Chat)
- Access to our Website CMS
This is a firm commitment of at least 8 -12 hours a week, (Excluding if the volunteer wishes to do a show, which is added hours. You can choose to volunteer during the day, evenings or weekends.
We are a equal opportunities Station and are Gender & Sexuality Inclusive. We don't mind you taking time off every few weeks, as long as we have notice. So if you want 1 weekend off every six weeks, (for example) that is fine with us. We are a very friendly team, who enjoy a good laugh and banter.
For the short term (Next 3 - 4 weeks) you will Acting Station Manager, covering for the Station Manager, who is currently off sick and is currently in Hospital. However, you will be working with him, when he comes back to the station.
If you are interested, please call Aaron Bennett on 01253 707447 or email: email@example.com