Breakfast Show Producer – Clyde 1
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a radio producer to join one of the UK’s most successful Breakfast shows: Bowie@Breakfast at Clyde 1.
Working alongside the Content Director and Deputy Content Director, you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of the show, planning short-, medium- and long-term content. Managing talent, developing show content ideas and premium rate messaging competitions will be central to the role.
We value authenticity and passion. A place where everyone is welcome to participate and bring ideas. We show respect for each other. Good communication is key to everyone working together. Knowledge of our music policy and understanding of our core audience is important.
Clyde 1 is part of the Hits Radio Network; Bauer’s largest radio network in the UK. In 2023, Clyde 1 won the John Myers Award for Local Station of the Year at the ARIA’s for the 2nd year in a row. The successful candidate will be leading Bowie@Breakfast: one of the longest running commercial radio breakfast shows in the UK.
What you'll do:
- Lead the production for Bowie@Breakfast, including planning content, managing talent, and inventing new and creative ways to entertain the audience
- Help devise and implement world-class stand-out moments for Bowie@Breakfast, maximising on air and digitally all relevant opportunities.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live broadcasting environment. Experience of working with and managing high profile talent required.
- Producing and editing audio quickly and to a high quality.
- Archiving audio on a weekly basis. So, we can locate key audio moments in an instant for award entries.
- Feel confident in collaborating with our marketing, digital content, design and video production teams and help lead the strategy to find new and exciting ways to engage and grow our online audience. You should be competent using Content Management Systems and social media including Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok & YouTube
- Work closely with other Bauer teams, including network production, premium-rate contesting, charity, digital and marketing, to ensure the highest operational standards are met across all areas.
- Working with Bauer’s compliance team to ensure all members of the team are trained to the relevant standards in relation to the Ofcom Code and Bauer’s internal compliance code.
What you'll bring:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all the latest social media trends, and be fluent in social media content creation
- Have demonstrable and relevant experience working in Audio Production.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of how radio shows are produced and the ability to manage the technical aspects to make this happen.
- Working with the Content Directors to guide and support on-air talent to create market leading radio for their target audiences.
- Ability to switch to cover other on-air teams if and when required
- Have world class passion & drive to produce outstanding content to compete with all other media outlets
- Have a good understanding of Zetta playout system or similar
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers