Breakfast Producer – Scotland
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Breakfast Producer, Scotland
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Managing Editor, Scotland
Overview of the job
As Breakfast Producer you’ll lead the output of one of the most important shows on Scottish radio. In this role you’ll be working with our Breakfast talent, as well as video & digital producers, and will be instrumental in driving the breakfast show forward creatively and growing the audience.
You’ll be passionate about popular music and culture. You’ll devise creative and entertaining content from what’s happening in the world, across Scotland and in the lives of the station’s celebrity guests.
You’ll ensure our output is always of the highest standards across all our broadcast and digital platforms. We’re looking for exciting ideas coupled with the ability to deliver them in a way that engages our audiences.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll play a critical role in shaping the show’s output and growing its audience in Scotland.
- You’ll take the lead on devising and implementing memorable, entertaining, and exciting content.
- You’ll be joining the home of the best audio in the UK, working on one of the most exciting brands in Scottish radio, and plugged into the wider brand team.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Built great relationships with all staff, presenters, and the rest of the Glasgow Broadcast Centre alongside the wider Global Broadcasting & Content team throughout the UK.
- Contributed and helped drive exciting planning sessions and implemented great creative ideas on air.
- Worked with digital and video producers to engage new audiences across social platforms and Global Player.
- Helped devise and implement exciting creative solutions to commercial briefs.
Responsibilities of the role
- You’ll manage and coach the presentation team to a high standard.
- You'll be utilising your creativity to devise and implement outstanding and topical ideas for the station.
- You’ll have a keen eye for creating great PR.
- You’ll know exactly what our target audience loves, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this understanding at the heart of our programming.
- Help devise and implement exciting creative solutions to commercial briefs.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- At least 3 years suitable media experience.
- A great track record working with talent and high-profile individuals.
- A great reputation for well-implemented, highly-creative programming ideas and features.
- Outstanding organisational skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- You will be confident in a studio environment with experience with modern playout systems.
- You’ll ensure all aspects of broadcast law; compliance and the broadcasting code are carried out and adhered to.
- You will work alongside our digital producers to ensure the station delivers great content across our social platforms and Global Player.
- You will have a strong understanding of radio in the digital age, along with podcasting, playlists and other audio and video formats.
- You’ll deliver creative solutions for clients to optimise revenue and audience growth whilst staying true to our core brand values.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global