Breakfast Show Producer
Intro to Station/ Business:
Cork’s 96FM is the leading local commercial broadcaster in Cork. It is the home of an award winning Breakfast Show which is the most listened to programme in it’s timeslot in Cork. We are now entering a new and exciting phase as Lorraine Murphy moves from our Drivetime Show to present alongside Ross Browne. A vacancy has arisen for a producer to support them to generate the best content for the people of Cork to wake up to each morning.
You will be working on Lorraine & Ross in the Morning on Cork’s 96FM with award winning presenters. You will have a pivotal role in the continued success of the No.1 Breakfast Show on Leeside.
Day to day you will:
- Make sure the shows run smoothly, and everything is in place for our presenters to be the best they can be.
- Ensure the output is of the highest quality.
- Help plan and research shows, from content planning to transmission, maintaining high editorial and production values.
- Generate, and develop, creative and original ideas.
- Be an additional voice on air, and cover presenting when required.
- Archive audio to locate key audio moments for award entries.
- Work with the marketing team to identify areas of opportunity to promote the shows.
- Lead the social media output in conjunction with the digital team.
What we’re looking for from you:
- You are an experienced,creative and ambitious person who lives and breathes fun, young, Cork.
- You are curious and inquisitive, with a willingness to ask questions, while also able to listen.
- You are a self-starter who can identify and develop items for on air.
- You are confident in fully managing projects from idea to execution.
- You have a broad range of interests, and stay up to date with the tastes and needs of our target audience.
- You love social media and know what works well on digital platforms.
- You have excellent editorial decision making, during live shows and post, which always adheres to regulatory and station guidelines.
- You are technically proficient in using on air playout systems and desks, Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment.
- On- air presenting experience as well as video recording and editing skills are highly desirable.
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site. If you have on air experience, please send us an example of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line CORK BREAKFAST SHOW PRODUCER APPLICATION.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.