Breakfast Show Producer
Hits Radio’s goal is to become a world-class market-leading radio brand. You will be responsible for the output of our national daytime shows as we develop one of the UK’s most exciting radio networks targeting 25-45 year olds across the UK. We deliver unique, creative content from the UK’s best on-air personalities and playlists. We thrive on being real, authentic and live!
The Focus of Your Role
You’ll be responsible for the breakfast show on Metro Radio / TFM. You will work with the talent during and post show to create and produce high quality and distinct programming and deliver the station’s format in line with the Regional Content Director’s guidelines and overall brand plan. You’ll love the music and artists we play and know exactly what lifestyle content really connects to a 25-45 year old, especially focussed on those aged 30-39. Your role will see you across the content and the technical structure of the show. You’ll also be involved in special projects and outside broadcasts.
Manage the operational side of the shows content, including:
- Daily management of the music and commercial log (ensuring the correct local and network production and imaging is integrated into the log)
- A detailed understanding of audio production techniques including the ability to operate the studio and editing software.
- Oversee all live and recorded in show content and production to ensure it meets highest standards for broadcast.
- Editing listener calls recorded during the show.
- Producing audio packages to be included in programme content.
- Ensure delivery of commercial promotion or sponsorship activity.
- Produce R.O.T.’s for commercial programming and marketing activity.
- To ensure the on-air team deliver commercial promotion or sponsorship activity and key messages as requested.
- Manage the breakfast live reads process to ensure they are delivered correctly on air on time.
- Assist in the preparation of commercial contesting material if required.
- Sustain an archive of all quality broadcast material for future use. Award Applications, Best Of moments, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of promotional trails for the purpose of profiling the show and its content in line with the brand plan.
- Direct the team during and post show to deliver market leading content that will increase our share of listening. Working with the Regional Content Director, understand the hosts strengths and areas needing development. Help deliver the identified improvements through daily listening and feedback. Accept and action feedback from the Group and Regional Content Directors or their designate.
- Ensure all broadcasts are compliant with media law and OFCOM regulations in all broadcasts. This includes monitoring the live Breakfast Show to ensure laws and codes are met and not breached.
- Initiate and/or attend regular the Breakfast Meetings, to both review the show and conduct brainstorming and planning for forthcoming activity. Ensure all agreed ideas are developed and implemented.
- Assist in developing material for the show each day, including generating and producing creative content ideas in line with the brand plan.
- Balance the talents creativity and enthusiasm with the strategic interests of the station
- Assist in developing material for the show daily. Produce presentation sheets for feature content and contesting.
- Organise guests for the show and assist with bookings. Where required, prepare support material for segments – e.g. questions and audio that might be required for interviews/guests etc.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends, fads, and pop culture.
- Liaise with the newsroom to get the right hot topics for our target audience and then brief the team on how to integrate this material into the day’s show.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key contacts and community influencers. This includes building a contacts and ‘friends of the show’ database.
- Answer phones in a timely and efficient manner. When required answer listener emails and treat the email answers like it is direct marketing activity. In conjunction with Content Director act as the line of contact between on air talent and external feedback from the audience and stakeholders.
- Oversee social media presence for the show.
- Work alongside the Content Director, Marketing and Branded Content teams to identify opportunities and generate ideas to help promote the breakfast brand, including exploiting PR opportunities from the Breakfast Show.
- A real passion for breakfast radio, our brand, music and what entertains our mainstream 25-45 year old audience.
- You’ll bring a vision and enthusiasm that will motivate and drive our presenters and those around you to their goal of market success.
- Strong experience in working with talent
- A razor sharp creative mind and extraordinary organisational skills.
- The ability to manage a busy work flow in a time-pressured environment
- Great team working skills and the ability to support others in the team as needed
- The ability to react calmly when things don’t quite go to plan to achieve the outcome you need.