Breakfast Show Producer – Radio City
We are looking for a Breakfast show Producer to join our team in Liverpool.
We are looking for someone who loves getting up in the morning, is keen to roll up their sleeves and get involved in the creative content process, is super organised, and loves a good laugh. You would be part of the Radio City breakfast team working closely with the presenters and wider content team across production, marketing and commercial partnerships. You will work with the team during and post show to create and produce high quality and distinct programming for the Breakfast Show and deliver the station’s format in line with the Regional Content Director’s guidelines and overall brand plan.
Hits Radio and Greatest Hits Radio aim to be world-class market-leading radio brands. We will create the UK’s most exciting radio networks, delivering unique, creative content from the UK’s best on-air personalities and playlists.
This role is a great opportunity to work in the most famous radio building in the world, Radio City in Liverpool.
Manage the operational side of the shows content, including:
- Daily management of the music and commercial log
- Help the hosts deliver the days content and bringing discussions ‘to life’ with interesting views and experiences.
- A detailed understanding of audio production techniques including the ability to operate the studio and editing software.
- Ensure delivery of commercial promotion or sponsorship activity.
- Sustain an archive of all quality broadcast material for future use.
- Assist in the preparation of promotional trails for the purpose of profiling the show and its content in line with the brand plan.
- Direct the team during and post show to deliver market leading content that will increase our share of listening.
- Ensure all broadcasts are compliant with media law and OFCOM regulations in all broadcasts.
- Initiate and/or attend regular the Breakfast Meetings, to both review the show and conduct brainstorming and planning for forthcoming activity.
- Assist in developing material for the show each day, including generating and producing creative content ideas in line with the brand plan.
- Liaise with the newsroom to get the right ‘hot’ topics for our target audience and then brief the team on how to integrate this material into the day’s show.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key contacts and community influencers.
- Answer phones in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee social media presence for the show.
- Work alongside the Content Director, Marketing and Branded Content teams to identify opportunities and generate ideas to help promote the breakfast brand, including exploiting PR opportunities from the Breakfast Show.
The Ideal Candidate
- A strong understanding of the HRN’s audience profile, lifestyle and values.
- Working under pressure and meeting deadlines, an eye for detail and accuracy, working as part of the team and independently, and the ability to plan, prioritise and organise short, mid and long term.
- The ability to create a positive and motivating environment, which helps the hosts to deliver high quality content to the best of their ability.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish productive relationships with stakeholders at all levels and across the company.
- A thorough knowledge of the Ofcom Broadcast Code.
- Experience working with on-air talent
- Proficiency with audio editing software
- Experience with video and image editing software
- Broadcast playout system knowledge (preferably Zetta)
- Knowledge of network programming & technology (preferably GSelector and Linker software)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Teams)
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org