We are looking for a Bulletin Editor to join our News Team in England.
You will have the skills and experience to successfully compile and deliver compelling and targeted news and sport output to Bauer’s required standards. You will be able to implement Bauer’s editorial strategies across all platforms: on air, online and on social media. Your core role will be curating and presenting bulletins for multiple Bauer news services when required at the direction of the Head of News (often via the News Operations Manager). You will report on relevant local stories as part of the role when required.
News happens at any time of day or night, seven days a week so flexibility is expected in order to react to major stories outside of normal working hours.
Ideally the successful candidate will be based in proximity to our Manchester or Leeds Office. We will also consider candidates that can work from our Bristol or Birmingham office.
- Ensure we deliver compelling and relevant news and sports content for our target audiences.
- Ensure that the news is delivered to the very highest standard and our bulletins are in line with the rest of Bauer in that they have consistent style, values and durations
- Ensure all our bulletins are legally sound, accurate, balanced and Ofcom compliant.
- Edit and present bulletins where required and fill in on any reporting shifts and cover other news roles where necessary.
- Be able to deliver clear, concise and correct copy at speed.
- Collaborate with patch reporters and direct as necessary to deliver compelling local stories which will enhance our news output on air, online and on social media.
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain news diaries and plan ahead to enhance our bulletins in all day parts.
What you will bring
- Recognised Broadcast Journalism Qualification
- Fully conversant with media law and Ofcom Broadcast Code
- Sound knowledge of current affairs
- Proven experience of producing and editing news bulletins
- Ability to read live and pre-record news bulletins to a high standard in line with Bauer style
- Demonstrable competence in social media and web editing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced news environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise time effectively
- Attention to detail
- General knowledge of Sports news
- Skilled in all social media including Twitter, Facebook, recording video and audio for online purposes
- Full UK Driving Licence and the ability and confidence to be able to drive Bauer pool cars.
- Knowledge of broadcast area
- Contacts in broadcast area or patch
- Prior knowledge of Bauer’s newsgathering software / technology
Expiry Date 11th February 2024
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers