Broadcast and Systems Support Engineer
Into to Station/ Business:
FM104 is one of the leading local commercial broadcasters in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle. Q102 serves the city’s 35-55 year olds with a custom music choice carefully blending the best of today’s adult releases with the biggest hits of past decades. Q102 is Dublin’s ‘feelgood choice’.
Your team: A rare and exciting opportunity has now arisen to join the FM104 & Q102 Engineering Team.
Your role: We are looking for an Broadcast and Systems Support Engineer that will be responsible for ensuring continuous, high quality, uninterrupted transmissions across our various sites.
Day to day you will:
- Provide customer-focussed support for broadcast technology users.
- Maintain and solve problems with hardware and software in studios and racks rooms.
- Work with outside companies and internal departments to promptly resolve faults.
- Plan, research and provide risk assessment for outside broadcasts and special events.
- Provide engineering support for Outside Broadcasts.
- Configure equipment to meet operational needs.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Knowledge of audio engineering and/or electronic engineering and IT support would be
- A positive attitude with exceptional client-facing interpersonal skills for written, oral and face-to-face communications
- A passion for developing your skills, knowledge and capabilities and those of our team
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service
- Good numerical and written skills
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, FM104 and Q102 in Dublin, 96FM and C103 in Cork, Live 95 in Limerick, U105 in Belfast and LMFM in Louth/Meath, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at Wireless
At Wireless UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Death in service benefit.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org