Digital Content Lead – Capital XTRA
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Digital Content Lead, Capital XTRA
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Capital XTRA Managing Editor & Global Digital Content Director
Overview of job
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the exciting and influential team at Capital XTRA.
We’re looking for a versatile Digital Content Lead and Manager with demonstrated success in digital to help lead Capital XTRA – the home of the biggest Hip-Hop & RnB!
3 best things about the job
- You’ll play a central role in leading the Digital transformation of Capital XTRA into a truly 360 brand.
- You will be empowered to lead the team responsible for delivering Capital XTRA’s visualized content and digital editorial, focusing on broadening our reach by growing the brand’s audience across all platforms and turning them into loyal consumers of Capital Xtra and our flagship app, Global Player
- Managing the team responsible for delivering outstanding content featuring major artists, our radio shows, plus lifestyle, music & entertainment news!
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Built great relationships and trust with Capital XTRA’s presenters, producers and digital team.
- Worked closely with broadcast, video and digital teams to strategise and create innovative on-air/on-line ideas to increase listening, engagement and Global Player users.
- Led the development of new content formats for Global Player that can subsequently be used to expand our reach across social and video.
Responsibilities of the role
- Using your proficient digital knowledge and team management expertise to lead the digital transformation of Capital XTRA into a truly 360 brand. Developing a digital strategy that supports the growth of the UK’s biggest radio brand and Global Player.
- Ownership of the visualisation of Capital XTRA and using all digital platforms to complement, enhance and amplify the radio product and Global Player. Working with broadcast teams to define, create and produce innovative on-air/on-line ideas that will broaden our reach, increase listening and Global Player user numbers and ultimately drive engagement.
- Responsible for the digital content strategy of the brand to ensure editorial features are always distinct, original and shareable. Will be working closely with the social media editor to make informative data-driven decisions to ensure Capital XTRA always cuts through social newsfeeds.
- Partner with the Commercial team to create, commission and use compelling content to maximise revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with the online marketing team to engage the users with regular newsletters, customer communication and associated reporting to grow audience and database.
- Actively work with the Product team to specify and input into the broader Global product roadmap. Be confident in defining requirements for new features and components that can ideally be shared across the group.
- Ensure the website complies with editorial guidelines on quality, style, usability, navigation, content architecture and is optimised for search engines.
- Be responsible for the day to day operations, development, customer satisfaction and advocacy of Capital Xtra Digital. This includes maintaining the schedule, run the stats reporting, tracking of key metrics and constantly refining traffic acquisition tactics.
What you will need
- A compelling and self-starting editorial leader with a track record in great digital content and editorial strategy.
- Management and Leadership experience. Experience of working with a variety of stakeholders to achieve business goals.
- This role would ideally suit someone with a deep knowledge of, and passion for Capital XTRA’s Hip Hop and RnB playlist.
- Consistent track record of developing and running compelling digital products.
- An attention to detail with an ability to use data to find opportunities for digital growth
- Experience of working with a video team to create engaging videos
- Thorough understanding of interactive media and their relation to traditional media
- Relevant brand experience would be ideal
- Ability to multi-task, own projects and maximise opportunities in a mixed media environment
- Editorial strategy experience, preferably within a fast paced entertainment business
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global