LBC Editor (Thursday – Monday)
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
LBC Editor (Thursday - Monday)
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Deputy Managing Editor
Please note the shift days for this role is Thursday to Monday
Overview of job
A rare opportunity to be part of one of the UK's most exciting news broadcasters. You'll be leading the way in driving our weekend output, focussed on delivering a high standard of news and current affairs programmes.
You'll ensure our audience is at the heart of everything we do. Pinpoint the stories that drive debate and opinion, while setting the news agenda with big name guests.
3 best things about the job
- You will be working with some of the UK's most talented presenters, leading on standout programmes and making the very best out of their content.
- You will be leading a hardworking team working across all the elements of the newsroom, feeding the on-air programming content across all our platforms and generating our own news lines, that get noticed and shared among other broadcasters and press.
- You are part of an exciting established news brand, that thrives on opinion, big name guests and agenda setting stories.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Strengthened our weekend output by ensuring all parts of the LBC brand are complimenting each other.
- Created some agenda setting moments with exclusive news lines.
- Raised the bar of the standard of our weekend output by developing the production team.
Responsibilities of the role
- This is a senior role at LBC requiring editorial supervision across all of the weekend output.
- You will lead a team of LBC producers and work with them to make the highest quality, agenda-setting output. This will involve coming up with news-making guests and ensuring the topics drive engaging debate for our presenters and callers.
- You will be responsible for joining up all the strongest programming content with the digital team and bulletins. It's important to also think about how our stand-out news-making moments are shared across the programming schedule and with our communications team.
- You will also be involved in managing the development of our production team, providing them with regular support and guidance.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Lead the news agenda with guest bookings and story selection
- Leading a production team by providing editorial support where the audience is at the core of everything we do
- Work across all our platforms to make the most of our content - this includes, on-air, online, social, reporters and bulletins
- Engage with the presenters to ensure there is enough resource to support the output
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global