Broadcast Journalist, United Christian Broadcasters
Are you experienced in news reporting? Are you a good newsreader?
Have you got what it takes to work in a fast-paced radio newsroom?
United Christian Broadcasters wants to hear from you if you have previous experience as a broadcast journalist or have trained in a relevant qualification (for example BJTC or NCTJ accredited). You would be joining a passionate and committed news and current affairs team of broadcast journalists and producers in the newsroom at the UCB Broadcast Centre close to Junction 15 of the M6 near Stoke-on-Trent.
As a committed Christian, if you are able to generate original story ideas to report on and can present a news bulletin to a loyal, family-focused radio audience - you could be a perfect fit.
Using your expertise in journalism, you would be delivering regular live news bulletins, recording interviews and producing radio packages on national and international news - including stories with a Christian dimension.
As part of the UCB News team, you’ll need to write and speak well and be able to assist with content provision across UCB’s national radio stations, UCB1 and UCB2, and the organisation’s digital platforms.
Your application will only be considered if you can tick these boxes:
- you have emailed firstname.lastname@example.org a recording of you reading a news bulletin suitable to broadcast on UCB 1 or 2 to demonstrate how you sound as a newsreader
- a committed Christian who’s connected to a church
- a genuine passion for news and current affairs
- some practical journalism experience
- an understanding of broadcasting law
- an appreciation of UCB’s purpose
- available to join UCB for this full-time staff job based in Stoke-on-Trent
- able to work different shifts (between early morning and early evening) according to the UCB News team rota
- able to work Monday to Friday with some weekend working, as required
- able to provide appropriate references from current/recent employer and church
- your own personal transport to get to/from work in the UCB newsroom
- available for interview on the morning of Tuesday 21st February 2023 at the UCB Broadcast Centre
The UCB News team is based at the UCB Broadcast Centre in Hanchurch, Stoke-on-Trent (Postcode ST4 8RY) and this is where you would work.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE JOB DESCRIPTION
If you want to know more about this vacancy, before completing your application form, email Vicky Gibbens, UCB News & Current Affairs Editor: email@example.com
On your application form, provide as much information about yourself as possible to help the selection panel decide whether you should be shortlisted for an interview.
The final closing date for applications will be Friday 10th February 2023 (midday).
No late applications will be accepted.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to an interview at the UCB Broadcast Centre in Stoke-on-Trent on the morning of Tuesday 21st February (lunch will be provided) so please ensure you are available on this date.
It is hoped that the successful candidate will be able to take up this full-time staff job from around 20th March or sooner, if possible.
Starting salary from £24,000 per annum (depending on experience) plus staff benefits
For an application form and Job Description, please visit www.ucb.co.uk/jobs
You can visit our privacy page at www.ucb.co.uk/privacy
UCB is a Christian Charity. Schedule 9 Part 1 (3a) and (3b) of the Equality Act 2010 apply to this vacancy.