Operations Manager, LBC
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, displaying brilliant Outdoor ads, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Operations Manager, LBC
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Head of Production and Sound Design
Overview of job
An exciting opportunity has been created for a highly organised individual to lead all aspects of and organise the production team at LBC. Working with Global’s customer service team, this role will also be the first point of contact to engage with any feedback regarding our output.
They will also be encouraged to support the live events team to deliver outside broadcasts on the LBC brand.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be a key hub in the programming department, with an in-depth knowledge of all members of the production team and who is best to deliver the highest quality content for the LBC brand.
- Leading all aspects of the training and development of the highly motivated Broadcast Journalists, Producers, Assistant Producers and Tech-Ops
- Part of the fastest growing news brand in the UK.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Understood the skills and experience of the production team and help identify training and development goals.
- Build best practice across LBC, LBC News, LBC.CO.UK and Global’s Newsroom by identifying, simplifying and removing any duplication within our current processes.
- Built key relationships with our talented broadcasters, the LBC management team and customer services department.
- Identified new avenues to attract and recruit producers to continue to grow our casual pool.
- Detailed understanding of the editorial content on the LBC brand.
- Gained a detailed understanding of the production requirements to provide the highest quality content to drive maximum RAJAR.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for building excellent working relationships with all staff members, team leaders, management and senior management.
- Be a reliable member of the team, able to deliver a busy robust rota, identifying gaps and problems with ample time to resolve putting appropriate contingency plans in place.
- Manage a large team of journalists and producers understanding that they all have varying skill basis which they bring to the brand.
- Work with the management team to mentor and develop the production department to increase retention.
- To have open and continuous dialogue with Global’s customer support department to handle feedback with our listeners and implement any changes where appropriate.
- You will work closely with the Head of Operations and Sound Design to manage sickness absence, annual leave, shift swaps and temporary staffing, bringing urgent matters to attention.
- Observe and maintain strict casual budgets across the department.
- Ensure production team shifts are monitored in line with legislation i.e. Working Time Directions legislation and Health & Safety legislations.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Awareness of radio production and newsrooms with an understanding of the disciplines needed to be the home of the best audio in the UK.
- An interest in the news agenda along with LBC’s output across all audio platforms and social media.
- An understanding that breaking news on live radio can happen at any time, this can mean last minute changes as deemed what is best for the brand.
- Experience of prioritising resources to cover key news events.
- Be across the needs of LBC outside broadcasts and to make sure the live events department have all the information to be able to deliver a successful show.
- Experience of managing large teams and the need to communicate changes in a clear and empathetic way.
- Ability to balance competing demands in a fast paced environment
- An understanding of Ofcom regulations/compliance
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global