Deputy Music Scheduler
This is an exciting opportunity for a world class Music Scheduler to join the team at Hits Radio Network. As a Music Scheduler you’ll be responsible for delivering the Music strategy at one of the largest commercial radio networks in the UK, scheduling the daily roll out of music for over 28 stations across England, Scotland and Wales with a combined weekly audience of 6.6 million listeners.
Working closely with the Group Programme Director, Director of Music and Group Head of Music, you’ll play a key role in shaping the musical output and have a huge hunger to help grow audiences for the brand.
The Hits Radio Network team are responsible for Bauer’s biggest radio network and create programming for our 6.6 million listeners at our studios right across the UK. Our on air team includes Fleur East, Sam Thompson, Gemma Atkinson and many more. We’re an ambitious, award winning team, recognised as Station of The Year at The ARIAS awards in 2022.
- Programme a world class, daily music log for the Hits Radio Network, paying close attention to key considerations like rotations, genres, familiarity, energy and flow
- Have expert editorial judgement and have a detailed understanding of the network’s music strategy
- Be across music stats, spot trends and have a consistent knowledge of the musical landscape both inside and outside of radio
- Be analytical and methodical, and adaptive to, and a supporter of change in a rapidly evolving environment
- Be an integral part of the Hits Radio Brand, and the wider Bauer Media Audio music team
- A detailed understanding of Hits Radio Network’s audience and its unique, 30 something focussed music proposition
- A deep knowledge of, and passion for contemporary pop music from the last 30 years
- A true understanding of how integral music research is to delivering a focussed music strategy
- Previous music scheduling experience with expert knowledge and understanding of GSelector
- The ability to manage a busy workload and deliver under pressure
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills and be a confident communicator
- A real passion for the Hits Radio Network brand
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org