Please note that we require a demo reel to be sent to us alongside your application.
Into to Station/ Business:
FM104 is a leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself on one of the biggest radio stations in Dublin. Reporting directly to the Content Controller, you will be given every support available to make the best content possible and to place your own unique stamp on FM104. We're looking for an experienced, creative and ambitious person who lives and breathes young, fun, Dublin.
Day to day you will:
- Present live in studio while making sure the output is of the highest quality.
- Be expected to prepare engaging content links with excellent attention to detail.
- Be the face of the station for social posts to promote your show and/or the station.
- Work with the marketing team to identify areas of opportunity to promote the show.
- Understand what 15-34s in Dublin are talking about.
- Undertake other duties as required.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Excellent on air presenting skills
- Strong planning, admin and communication skills.
- You have knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct.
- You’re a self-starter who can identify and develop items for broadcast.
- You are technically proficient in using on air playout systems and desks, Adobe Audition and/or other audio editing software, with the ability to use a variety of recording equipment.
- You stay up to date with the tastes and needs of our target audience
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site and send a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FM104 PRESENTER APPLICATION.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.