This is a unique opportunity to lead our social media team at Magic in London. You will work closely with all key areas of the brand from radio and content producers, Marketing, Commercial and the wider Digital team to create innovative social media content.
You will help devise and deliver a compelling and creative digital strategy which grow reach and share and in terms of social engagement of our accounts.
You’ll be part of a passionate team who loves Magic and understands the lives of people in their 40s and 50s in the UK. You’ll have an opinion on the music they love, the social accounts and influencers they follow and the things that matter to them.
Magic Radio is a legendary well-loved brand and is part of the Bauer Audio Portfolio.
We are a brand for people over 40 who want a positive space to take a beat, find a smile, discover a meaningful moment and connect to the music they love; we enjoy life and live it together right now.
With 3.7 million listeners on air and counting our goal is to produce world class content that reaches new and existing customers both on air, online and on social.
At the age of over 40 and into 50s, the Magic community of listeners and social followers face many pulls and pushes in life. Busy careers, family juggles; be it young children, kids who’ve flown the next and parents getting older. From parenting to divorce, financial commitments, menopause to mental health are many areas of life that affect them. The content we produce on air and online gives a moment to smile and find their happy place.
This role is Hybrid position and based out of our office in London.
- The role requires demonstrable team leadership skills and the ability to influence production and presentation teams. You will be managing a small team of social media and video creatives.
- You will be required to demonstrate leadership in creating compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You will be accomplished at driving engagement and new listeners via digital platforms.
- Your role will include creating and managing a plan for content, coverage and promotions which represents the 24/7 nature of the radio station.
- You will be across Key Performance Indicators for third party and owned channels using analytics tools.
- You will have experience of working with high profile talent that are at the top of their game in UK radio and be able to forge great relationships with them to create content of the very highest quality.
- You will have experience creating new digital formats for broadcast brands.
- You will love the music that Magic plays and have a thorough understanding of the content, talent and events that our audience are interested in.
- You will be part of the Magic core team, working closely with the Content Director, Marketing and Music to collectively and collaboratively lead Magic and connect with our audience with compelling content on air, online and on social.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in a leadership/management role
- A can do attitude, with a positive mindset to give things a go
- Creative flair and the ability to help generate ideas and pitch them enthusiastically.
- A collaborative approach
- You care about what’s relevant and essential for our audience. You appreciate the diversity of our target audience and live by a right content, right platform, right time mentality.
- A strong understanding of the music and cultural references of our audience. A keen knowledge of current trends for our audience and the ability to enthusiastically jump on these.
- A strong understanding of the social media landscape, demonstrated through previous work and active participation on social networks.
- Strong writing skills and English skills
- Strong communications skills and be able to communicate both in-person and using tools such as Trello, Slack or Teams, with management, stakeholders, subordinates, and peers
- Time management, organisational and prioritising skills essential
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Strong understanding of data reporting using platform’s native analytics and Sprout Social
- Always on top of the latest social trends and an understanding of each social platforms algorithms and how to work best within them
- Design skills using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop
- Video filming skills and editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Paid social – boosting and building small advertising campaigns
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com