Virgin Radio UK - Digital Writer for VirginRadio.co.uk
Virgin Radio is the best place to work in the world, why wouldn’t you want to be part of it?
Broadcasting from the top of the News UK Building in London Bridge, Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with cinch, The Graham Norton Radio Show with Waitrose, Ricky Wilson at Drivetime and so much more.
We’re recruiting for a Digital Writer to join our dedicated website team, who focus on entertaining our listeners and other online users with daily editorial content at virginradio.co.uk.
To pitch, write and produce engaging stories for Virgin Radio’s website, covering entertainment, lifestyle, showbiz and music topics.
Day to day you will:
- Identify stories and subjects that will resonate with a wide audience online but are appropriate to the Virgin Radio brand
- Write engaging copy quickly and accurately
- Listen to Virgin Radio and turn guest interviews and other on-air moments into written articles
- Liaise with social media team to curate best content across our platforms
- Pitch and produce written ‘evergreen’ features around key topics, supporting on-air output and SEO objectives
- Follow trends and write in-line with our growth strategy, i.e incorporating keywords into headlines, encouraging recirculation to other articles
What we’re looking for from you:
- An interest in entertainment, showbiz, lifestyle and news
- The ability to write in a concise and entertaining way
- A creative mind with an ability to think differently
- An instinct for how to 'sell' a story to get maximum impact across our digital platforms
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of using a content management system
- Ambition to progress and make the most of opportunities that present themselves
**When applying for this role, please upload an example of a piece of work that you have written in the files section of your profile.**
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.