Director – Station Sound
We are seeking a dynamic Director of Station Sound to join our audio production team in London.
Reporting directly to the Group Operations Director, you will be leading the station sound teams across our extensive UK-wide portfolio of stations. From Kiss to Greatest Hits Radio, From Jazz FM to Absolute Radio and everything in between, you’ll be ensuring that our stations lead the way on brand values and audio production & delivery.
- Strategic Leadership: Collaborate closely with our Content Directors and the Group Operations Director to formulate and implement the strategy for station sound for each brand.
- Team Development: Work with our station sound and branded content audio producers, to develop their skillset and sound.
- Vision & Creativity: Your musical aptitude and will be pivotal in shaping the sound of our brands. You will lead on pioneering innovation in station sound production.
- Best Practice: Working closely with Group Operations Director to develop best working practices and team development.
- Team Management: Lead and inspire a large team of dedicated station sound producers, ensuring a cohesive, collaborative, and productive working environment.
- Supplier Partnerships: Working with a range of external audio & content suppliers to create exceptional audio and delivering best value for the business.
What you'll bring
- Proven experience in audio production
- A strong understanding of programming and Ofcom rules and regulations
- Substantial experience in leading, developing and managing sizable teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Experience of strategic leadership
- Experience of complex contract negotiations
- Extensive proficiency in Pro Tools or similar editing systems.
- Inherent musical inclination.
- Leadership qualities, with a vision for future developments in station sound
Expiry Date 5th November 2023
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
- Discounted high street vouchers