We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Head of Events
Overview of job
To work within the Events Team to deliver a calendar of events. Events form part of the integrated marketing strategy at Global Radio. The role is integral to the success of a team that strives to maintain its reputation as the most progressive and successful radio events team within the UK media industry.
3 best things about the job
- Working across a variety of Global’s brands & projects, from Heart supercharged promotions & music events to Classic FM Live to Capital’s Summertime & Jingle Bell Balls to Radio X Presents & LBC Outside Broadcasts!
- Being part of a diverse, dynamic & successful team, developing strategies for different brands & delivering many high profile events every year!
- Working with every department within Global in some way, whether it be Commercial, Programming, Engineering, Digital, Finance.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Been introduced to all of Global’s brands & gained experience of working on a number of Global’s events / outside broadcasts.
- Worked closely with the Head of Events to identify ideas for events that are on brand & showcase relevant brands.
- Been brought up to speed on Global’s event planning process, including H&S, Legal & Insurance requirements.
- Developed strong leadership & handled a number of events independently, with support from the Head of Events.
- Had the opportunity to develop event planning skills, as well as on the ground event management skills.
Responsibilities of the role
- Working with the Heads of Events to develop an events strategy for each brand that meets the aims and objectives of the overall business plan.
- To take operational responsibility for bringing each brand to life through events – live music events with artists or musicians, live podcasts with an audience, celebrity appearances, outside broadcasts or DJ activities, whether station funded, ticket funded, bespoke commercial events, marketing partnerships or experiential activity. The event’s success rests on the shoulders of the Event Manager - every detail, including planning and budget, through to creating the all-important ‘wow factor’.
- To work with the Heads of Events to create on brand events that showcase the best, most relevant artists, DJs and activities to our audiences and as a result build brand loyalty.
- To provide a strong leadership presence at every event and a clear line of authority to all personnel present.
- To ensure all activities are carried out cost effectively and within budget.
- To ensure all Legal, Licensing, Health & Safety and Insurance requirements are met for every piece of activity.
- To form relationships with internal teams and external suppliers.
- To support the rest of the Events Team, working on other brands, as and when required.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Ability to make things happen in a challenging environment and remain focused in a very competitive and fast moving market place.
- Strong ability to operate with confidence at senior level within Global Radio.
- Knowledge of the broadcasting industry.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal – excellent interpersonal skills, authoritative and strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to generate, or catalyse in others, innovative ideas and approaches and to translate these into practical realities.
- Ability to use own initiative and demonstrate resilience and ability to think on feet.
- Self reliant and able to manage self and others in a calm, enjoyable and motivating manner.
- Excellent project management and organisation skills.
- Strong number literacy and understanding of spreadsheets and budgets.
- Appetite to continually learn and keep up to date with developments in the events industry.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a live event or project management environment.
- A track record of organising and managing events.
- Experience of working in the media sector, ideally in Radio.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety, legislation and practices at events.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global