Evening/Weekend News Anchor – Bauer Media Audio Ireland
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, Red FM, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
About the Role
We are seeking Evening News Anchors to join our dynamic team. The key focus of this role is to write, compile and read bulletins across our brands that meet our programming objectives and style. There may occasionally be an element of on-the-ground reporting with this role that offers experience in a vibrant and exciting work environment. The successful candidate will support the work of the entire news team and will report to the Group Director of News.
What you’ll do
- Oversee production and preparation of news bulletins at night time from 4 pm to midnight 5 days a week (over a 7-day roster)
- Read hourly bulletins across a number of different stations
- Lead the news agenda and generate strong news stories
- Ensure seamless transition across news shifts
- You will write and present news bulletins curated and crafted to appeal to our brands' target audience
- Produce compelling news content for on-air bulletins
- Contribute news stories to the wider news pool
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- Ability to write clear concise news copy under pressure of tight deadlines
- A nose for a story with the ability to identify the strongest newsline
- Thorough working knowledge of how the news cycle works
- Efficient and organised with an ability to multitask
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Excellent proofreader
- A good working knowledge of Burli
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- A third-level qualification in journalism or a related discipline
- 3 years of journalism experience
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.