We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Brand Managing Editor
Overview of job
Executive Producers lead the output of the biggest shows on Global’s brands, working closely with the Brand Managing Editor. In this role you’ll be working on some of our biggest music based programmes, building great relationships with presenters and producers, and will be instrumental in driving the station forward. You’ll be super passionate about popular music and culture. You’ll devise and demand the best content and features from celebrity guests and artists. You’ll ensure that our output is always of the highest standards across all of our broadcast and digital platforms. We’re looking for big ideas coupled with the ability to deliver them in a way that engages our audiences.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll play a key role in shaping the station’s output and driving the brand forward, leading a team of great producers to create world class content day after day.
- You’ll take the lead on devising and executing creative radio concepts, often involving artists and celebrity guests.
- You’ll be plugged in to the wider brand team, and exposed to many exciting projects right across Global.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Started to build great relationships with presenters and producers
- Executed some great creative ideas on air, many of which will involve artists and celebrity guests
- Contributed and helped drive exciting creative planning sessions
- Worked with the digital team to help deliver outstanding content across our platforms
- Helped devise and implement exciting commercially branded content
- Helped devise some fantastic podcasts and playlists to support our output on Global Player
Responsibilities of the role
- You’ll manage and coach the presentation and production team to a high standard.
- You'll be utilising your creativity to devise and implement unique and topical ideas for the station, many involving guests
- You’ll have a keen eye for creating great PR.
- You’ll know exactly what our target audience likes, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this understanding at the heart of our programming.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- You’ll have suitable media experience, with experience in a senior role
- You’ll have a great track record working with high profile talent
- You’ll have a great reputation for well executed, highly creative programming ideas and features
- You’ll have outstanding organisational skills
- You’ll ensure all aspects of broadcast law, compliance and the broadcasting code are enforced and adhered to.
- You’ll work hand in hand with our brand digital team to ensure the station delivers great content across our social platforms
- You’ll have a strong understanding of radio in the digital age, along with podcasting, playlists and other audio and video formats
- You’ll deliver creative solutions for clients to optimise revenue and audience growth whilst staying true to our core brand values.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global