Group Station Director
Your Role: Dublin’s FM104 & Q102 are iconic Dublin radio brands with a massive 294,000 Dubliners tuning into our services each week and over 1 million engaging with our digital channels. We are seeking an experienced individual to manage the day-to-day operations of our company. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to our management team, establish a great working relationship with stakeholders and set a course for delivering on agreed company strategy. Our listener centric approach is what has made our brands so successful to date, and we’re looking for someone who understands the constantly evolving media and audio world to continue to develop our brands to ensure that they remain relevant for future generations of Dubliners. This unique role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to demonstrate their management and leadership skills in a public facing organisation where brand values are paramount in driving the company’s development and guiding its long-term success. You will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business and creating a vision for this success. This role carries a breadth of variety that should excite, inspire and challenge you in equal measures. You will report directly to the Group MD for Wireless Ireland and will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team for Wireless Ireland.
Day to day you will:
- Develop, communicate and implement the organisation’s vision, mission and overall strategy
- Oversee all operational activities of the organisation and cascade clear direction to deliver on the organisation's goals
- Lead and motivate a team of media professionals to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing management team
- Assume overall responsibility for the company’s financial performance, marketing and PR strategy, people and culture, and developing content and commercial opportunities
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our business and the broader Audio and Media markets
- Ensure that the operating objectives and key metrics are understood at all levels of the organisation
- Represent the organisation at social, corporate and community events to enhance the organisations reputation and build trusted relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to legal, regulatory and other corporate policies to maintain the company’s ethical integrity
What we’re looking for from you: We want someone with a passion for Radio combined with the skills of a highly experienced business manager that can lead on development and implementation of the company’s overall strategy. Appropriate communication with internal and external stakeholders will be critical for success, coupled with a clear understanding of brand marketing strategies.
- You have a proven track record in outstanding organisational and leadership skills in similar senior leadership roles
- You must be an excellent communicator, have exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills, be tech savvy with a clear understanding of how to develop brands in a digital age
- You have experience in developing investment growth strategies with a strong understanding of financial and performance management principles
- Experience from within the media sector and in a regulated environment is desirable but not essential
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News & Wireless
At News UK & Ireland & Wireless, some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- Access to a pension scheme
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.