Head of Consumer Communications
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Head of Consumer Communications
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Director of Communications
Overview of job
Due to an internal promotion, Global’s Communications team has an exciting opportunity for an established Head of Consumer Communications.
As Head of Consumer Communications you will be responsible for leading the comms strategy and keeping our consumer brands strong. The successful candidate will be leading on publicity for some of Global’s biggest commercial brands, Heart, Capital and Radio X, as well as our fast-growing entertainment app, Global Player – home to live radio, playlists, video and podcasts.
You’ll be working with incredible talent on world famous brands in a wide and varied role.
3 best things about the job
- This is a high energy role working with live radio output leading a small but brilliant team
- You’ll be working with incredible talent, both behind and in front of the mic
- You’ll be joining a collaborative, welcoming team with the opportunity to work on projects where we all come together, like our world class events.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Devised a focussed communications strategy for Capital, Heart and Radio X
- Established yourself with the Managing Editors for the brands you lead on
- Landed brilliant coverage in key titles
- Built relationships at Global with key teams & talent
- Made sure you’re constantly keeping key media up to date with newslines and stories from the radio brands.
Responsibilities of the role
As Head of Consumer Communications you will manage a small team of communications professionals delivering impactful, branded coverage and forward planning creative stunts to generate cut through for your brands.
We put on world class events at Global, and the brands you focus on will be at the forefront of this.
- Work closely with Managing Editors and production teams giving creative direction on what will work for earned media
- Proactively managing crisis comms
- Co-ordinate activity across the brands, ensuring alignment and that brand-building and audience growth is at the heart of all activity
- Work closely with brand marketing and social teams to ensure the paid owned earned model is fully maximised and campaigns are integrated
- Work closely with the Global Player team to develop a communications strategy that drives growth and encourages app downloads
- Launch podcasts, either directly implementing strategies or working with Global’s roster of brilliant PR agencies, talent agents and PRs
- Communications strategy and budget planning, working closely with the Director of Communications
- Publicity materials including photoshoots
- Growing fame and audiences
- Advising on issues management and crisis comms
- Build strong relationships with talent, producers and stakeholders
- Evaluate PR campaigns – monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of PR campaigns and measuring their impact
- The growth and development of your team
- Ensuring that press coverage is effectively monitored and reported on to the business
- Red carpet and live events media management.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A solid track record of entertainment publicity and growing brands
- Leadership of a high-performing team
- Ability to manage own workload effectively and assess priorities to meet conflicting deadlines, often at short notice and under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Socially-savvy and well-versed in influencer relations
- Have a strong understanding of corporate reputation and the influence of consumer communications on it
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global