Managing Editor – Heart
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Managing Editor - Heart
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Director of Broadcasting & Content
Overview of job
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the award-winning team at Heart.
As Managing Editor, you’ll be ultimately accountable for the UK’s largest commercial radio station. Key to your role is developing a strategy to continue to grow Heart’s current position as a world leading content provider across its many platforms. You’ll develop and share a vision for the brand, utilising your creative flair to help set Heart apart whilst maintaining the feel good factor of the brand.
As an experienced and credible leader, you’ll steer the future direction of Heart with your team and key stakeholders, taking everyone on the journey. You’ll be working with talent from a variety of disciplines and use your knowledge and understanding of their roles to bring out the best in everyone.
Staying close to the detail is fundamental to your role. You’ll remain involved and responsible for output; finessing the finer details to make every piece of content succeed today, whilst continually thinking about how you make things even better tomorrow.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of our senior Broadcasting & Content team as we work together to achieve some big ambitions
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be leading the UK’s largest commercial radio station
- You’ll be instrumental in determining the content output and future direction of the brand
- You’ll work with some inspiring people in one of the highest profile jobs in broadcasting
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Built great relationships with all Heart employees, presenters and other workers within the wider Broadcasting & Content team.
- Developed a robust understanding of the Heart brand
- Taken the lead on planning and strategy sessions
- Worked with the brand digital team to help deliver outstanding content for Hearts social platforms
Responsibilities of the role
- Developing strategy to grow Hearts current position as one of the UK’s largest commercial radio brands
- Leading from the front in shaping and developing new content for the future
- Bringing the whole Heart team on the journey with you, inspiring the team and our creative partners to be the best they can be
- You’ll know and love Heart. You’ll understand what our target audience loves, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this knowledge at the core of our programming
What you will need
- An ability to quickly grasp and develop the vision for Heart
- A proven track record in a senior programming position with managerial responsibility
- Great leadership skills, exhibiting a high degree of emotional intelligence and ability to inspire creativity and drive in people around you
- Commercially minded, with an ability to find workable solutions to commercial briefs
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders and high-profile people, internally and externally
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently deliver to a high standard
- A keen ear and eye for detail and quality control
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.