Marketing Planning Manager
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Marketing Planning Manager
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Marketing Operations
Overview of job
This is an exciting opportunity to join the dynamic, driven, and fast-paced Brand Marketing team in a planning role, where you’ll be integral to building and growing some of the UK’s most successful entertainment brands.
3 best things about the job
- Iconic brands: you’ll be working on building and growing some of the most iconic radio brands in the UK by bringing in new listeners!
- Planning: you’ll be at the heart of planning, an integral team member in developing our rolling annual brand plan.
- Team spirit: both your Brand Marketing colleagues & those you work with across the business will be rooting for you and help you make a positive impact!
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Gained an excellent understanding of both Global’s radio brands and Global Player and how each fits in to the Global portfolio
- Got to grips with the annual marketing plan and the data & insights we used to advise our decisions
- Got under the skin of our partnership strategy and understood the part it plays in our marketing plans
- Earned the trust of the team, your Brand Marketing colleagues, and those you work with across the business should be excited to work with you
Responsibilities of the role
- Planning: inputting into the Annual Marketing Plan, and keeping it up to date in a fast-paced environment
- Insights & Reporting: providing marketing specific data for campaign reporting, and monitoring the health of our brands across the country, identifying growth opportunities
- Partnerships: inputting into the partnership strategy, identifying and delivering outstanding partnerships for our brands
- Budgeting: inputting into the annual budget submission, and supporting accurate monthly budget tracking
- Owned Outdoor: supporting the delivery of campaigns to our owned outdoor estate
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Commercially astute with a clear understanding of how our business makes money and the role marketing plays in this
- Brilliant at planning and highly organised, with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and projects, even when working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Analytical and highly numerate you’ll be confident in pulling key insights from various data and research sources, analysing it and presenting it in a meaningful, succinct and understandable format
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Outstanding communication, influencing and negotiation skills at all levels, you can garner respect, trust, and influence throughout the Global and with key external partners
- Resilience and able to shine in a high-expectation, performance-based, fast-paced environment
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global