Network Producer – Hits Radio With Sam Thompson
Network Producer - Hits Radio UK
As a Network Producer you’ll be producing one of the biggest evening shows in UK radio… The newly launched HITS UK with Sam Thompson. Working direct with Sam every night in our studios in London you’ll be responsible for getting the biggest and best show on air every night from 7pm.
It’s one of the biggest destinations for huge names in music, film and TV and in just one week you could be working on content ranging from Lewis Capaldi to Brad Pitt! At the same time you’ll know what makes our audience tick and engages them in great radio.
The Hits Radio Network team are responsible for Bauer’s biggest radio network and create programming for our 6.6 million listeners at our studios right across the UK. We thrive on creating content that is relatable, entertaining, authentic and live, with a real focus on 30 somethings, listening or watching our content. Our on air team includes Fleur East, Sam Thompson, Gemma Atkinson and many more. We’re an ambitious, award winning team, recognised as Station of The Year at The ARIAS awards in 2022.
Whether it’s broadcasting from our incredible live arena tours or producing a radio show with one of our favourite music stars, The Hits Radio Network is one of the UK’s most exciting radio networks to create great content at.
- Getting the very best show on the air ever night
- Working directly with the presenter, the Senior Executive Producer, Programme Director, Social media team and entertainment team to ensure we get the very best content from our time with guests and the best exposure across all of our channels.
- You’ll have a razor sharp eye on the detail, with a show with a lot of moving parts you’ll need great planning.
- Alongside the Programme Director you’ll mentor the presenter and help them get the very best out of the show every night
- You’ll come up with great ideas, engaging interaction and new formats that expand the reach of the show both on and digitally.
- You’ll ensure the programme delivers commercial content brilliantly, both for our audience and customers.
- You’ll keep us always on the right side of the Ofcom code and our internal policies.
The Ideal Candidate
A huge passion for popular culture and a knowledge of what the Hits Radio Network audience is hungry for.
You’ll be calm under pressure and be able to work on multiple projects at once.
You’ll be an incredible people person, with great relationships across various departments.
You’ll have a huge hunger to grow the audiences for the show and the brand.
You’ll have great ideas and be able to take a brief and turn it into dynamic content
You’ll possess fantastic organisational skills which help you and those you work with.
If you’ve got experience working in a radio/audio environment on a high profile show we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for a candidate that’s already been doing the job of a producer and at a regional or national level for at least 12 months.