News & Sports Reporter
Please note that we require a demo reel to be sent to us alongside your application.
Into to Station/ Business:
FM104 is the leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle. Q102 serves the city’s 35-55 year olds with a custom music choice carefully blending the best of today’s adult releases with the biggest hits of past decades. Q102 is Dublin’s ‘feelgood choice’.
Your Role: In this role you will write, produce, present and report on news stories for FM104/Q102’s hourly radio bulletins and online platforms. You could be interviewing the Taoiseach in the morning and reporting on a rugby match in the afternoon. Every day is different.
Day to day you will:
- Pitch and provide original content for multi-platform outlets, including programming, online and social media
- Respond to breaking news
- Undertaking of relevant background news research
- Liaise with other members of the production and technical teams
- Be required to collate and deliver bulletins
- Ensure content observes BAI Guidelines
- Shift work will be required which will include early/late shifts, weekends and public holidays.
What we’re looking for from you:
- An energetic journalist with flair and imagination to craft relevant news content for the audience. An ability to write accurate, tight and easily understood news copy.
- Have excellent copywriting skills and standout storytelling capabilities
- An excellent knowledge of news gathering, social media and digital content management systems.
- Ability to work well and calmly in a live newsroom environment; handle a rapidly changing news agenda and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Knowledge of Burli and Adobe editing systems is essential.
- Have an ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes
- To have a wide range of excellent contacts and sources
- A willingness to engage with mobile and video journalism
- A full clean drivers licence
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site and send a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FM104/ Q102 NEWS & SPORTS REPORTER APPLICATION.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.