Producer – LBC
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Producer – LBC
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Head of Operations and Sound Design
Overview of job
LBC is Leading Britain’s Conversation and looking for an experienced individual with creativity, passion, energy and focus to join the programming team at our London offices! You will be responsible for producing attention-grabbing programmes and contribute towards driving the station’s editorial agenda.
You will have a proven record in making great radio and be comfortable handling breaking news for a multiplatform audience. Reporting to the Deputy Managing Editor, your specific responsibilities will include setting up and outputting shows, researching, and generating regular, high-quality ideas for programmes.
Completely at ease working with very well-known names, you’ll have a comprehensive understanding of the demands of live radio, as well as a detailed knowledge of media law, compliance, and a recognised journalism qualification.
3 best things about the job
- You will be producing and outputting LBC programmes, helping decide what news stories and topics the station covers. Your ideas could decide what will lead Britain’s conversation on the programme that day.
- You will be working with a creative and dynamic team, deciding which guests to book, which stories to run, how to frame the biggest discussion points and debates of the day, and produce outstanding audio packages and reporter lives ready for air
- You’ll have the responsibility for reacting to some of the biggest breaking news and current affairs stories both in the UK and across the world. LBC prides itself in breaking news first, and you will be responsible for the delivery of these moments on air
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- You will have come up with fresh guest ideas, new treatments for stories and aired innovative discussions that haven’t been covered before by LBC
- You will have booked an agenda setting, outstanding interview that leads news headlines both on LBC and on other major news networks.
- You will have planned specialist coverage for the programme for a major news event.
- Working with our reporting team, you’ll planned and delivered an exclusive news story that LBC can break before anyone else
- You will have led the reaction to a major breaking news story
- You will have expanded the programme’s list of regular contributors to include new and diverse voices that haven’t featured before on the show
Responsibilities of the role
- You’ll already have a keen interest and knowledge of LBC, working proactively towards growing the station’s listening hours and reach at all times.
- You’ll be firm and clear in your communications with presenters and other producers so that the station image is protected, ensuring that all programme content and technical standards are maintained to the highest level.
- You’ll be able to operate well under pressure.
- You’ll understand that, as a commercial radio station, you will need to operate in a way that benefits both our listeners and our advertisers.
- You’ll generate new insights for programme content with confidence and flair.
- You’ll provide creative and engaging material for promos and awards when required.
- You’ll ensure that you and your presenters are always up to date with OFCOM regulation, case history and media law, intervening as and when you think there may be an issue but also know when to ask for help when you’re not sure.
- You’ll know exactly what our target audience loves, their taste in news stories, and their lifestyle choices – and you’ll be able to use that knowledge to make great audience-appropriate radio.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- You’ll have excellent communication and mentor skills in order to assist in handling and developing on-air talent when required. Creatively, you will need to be able to contribute S&P ideas and then be fully able to implement and communicate this activity to the programming team.
- You’ll need to have the ability to operate production and audio editing software and will also know your way around RCS and Burli.
- You’ll be a strong teammate and be comfortable working with very well-known presenters as well as producers and all other members of LBC.
- You’ll know and respond positively to the needs and expectations of others to achieve the right outcome.
- You will be confident when working towards your own personal objectives as well as helping others in achieving business goals, regularly setting and stretching new standards and goals.
- You'll also have a good awareness at promoting our content via our digital channels, including Global Player.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org