Outside Broadcast Technician (Part Time)
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin Southwest, and Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
About The Role
We are seeking an outside broadcast technician to join our dynamic technical events team. The key focus of this role is to set up and execute outside broadcasts from varying locations around the country and abroad. This versatile role will include travel and evening/weekend work.
What you will do:
- Perform a technical reccie of the proposed broadcast location to assess its suitability and test communications link back to headquarters.
- Arrange and load required equipment prior to events.
- On-location show rigging / de-rigging of broadcast equipment, PA system, and IT.
- Be the technical lead including hands-on operation of the broadcast and front-of-house sound.
- Work closely with the events manager and production teams to produce an on-brand audience experience.
If the following sounds like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have a high technical aptitude in the area of audio and visual technology
- You have strong troubleshooting abilities
- You have experience of working on live events and productions
- You are dependable & reliable
- You are a calm confident communicator
- You work well under pressure
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- Full clean driving licence
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic, and best-in-class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast-paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing, and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Our employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Inspiring, Responsible, Collaborative, Authentic and Proud’. We live by these values every day.