FM104 – Presenter Strawberry Alarm Clock
Please note that we require a demo reel to be sent to us alongside your application.
Intro to Station:
FM104 is the multi-award winning, leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle. It’s now home to the Strawberry Alarm clock and 104 Drive with Graham & Nathan.
Your Role: Do you have what it takes to brighten up mornings for Dubliners? Are you funny, witty, and charming – even before your first cup of coffee? If this sounds like you then we have the job for you!
We are looking for a new presenter to join forces with Jim-Jim and Crossy on Dublin’s number one breakfast show, the Strawberry Alarm Clock. We are looking for a big personality to join the biggest commercial breakfast radio show in Dublin, bringing your own unique style, humour and energy.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Someone who's willing to get up at the crack of dawn and bring their infectious personality to air each morning
- Some experience in a broadcast environment is desirable
- A digital native as comfortable making and featuring in content as you are savvy across all digital platforms
- An outgoing personality who can connect with our listeners and make them feel like they're part of the show
- A natural storyteller who can tell a story so engrossing, our listeners will forget they're stuck in traffic on the M50
- A fast-thinker who can handle breaking news, unexpected topics, and the occasional technical hiccup (well, it is radio)
- From music to movies, we love to chat about the latest trends and fads, and we need someone who can be an active part of this conversation
- A team player who can work seamlessly with all the team at FM104
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site and send a 3 minute audio demo or showreel along with a short video explaining why you are the perfect person for the role to email@example.com with the subject line STRAWBERRY ALARM CLOCK PRESENTER APPLICATION.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.