Producer – Newstalk
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland. Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin South West, Off The Ball, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest-growing independent talk radio station in Ireland, with a weekly reach of 784,000 across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for premium and engaging content and campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
We are currently seeking maternity cover for a Producer role on Newstalk Breakfast with Ciara Kelly and Shane Coleman. This role is for a minimum of 6 months on a fixed term contract.
In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will:
- Play a leading role in all aspects of daily production for the show
- Help develop the editorial vision for the programme and implement accordingly
- Generate and develop creative, original and new ideas for the programme
- Produce live in studio and build a good working relationship with the presenter
- Book guests and collate briefing material for the presenter.
- React to breaking news quickly and in an appropriate manner
- Direct, nurture and develop researchers and reporters working with the programme
- Edit and create imaginative audio pieces for the programme
- Secure the best guests and on-air exclusives for the programme
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing departments to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
- Other duties as required
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have a strong interest in news and current affairs
- You are good at developing unique radio ideas and alternative angles on existing stories
- You can spot and develop stories that get people talking
- You have shown strong leadership qualities in previous roles
- You have excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes of Conduct
- You have a broad range of interests and follow news, politics, popular culture, social issues, sport,s and everything in between
- You are proficient in recording and editing and the workings of digital and social media
- You’re a self-starter, solutions focused, and are driven by ambition to succeed
- You have an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and to deadlines
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in a similar role.
- Qualification in journalism or a related discipline
The closing date for applications is Monday 10th October 2022.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Be Fearless, Be United and Be Accountable’. We live by these values every day.