Producer – LBC News (Broadcast Journalist)
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Producer – LBC News (Broadcast Journalist)
Reporting of the role
This role reports to News Editors - London
Overview of the job
Global’s Newsroom in London is looking for an experienced broadcast journalist to join our rolling news station, LBC News. You will have excellent writing skills and experience of producing live radio shows, working with experienced presenters. You will also be confident in booking stand-out guests and contributors and have creative ideas for treatment of stories. The successful candidate will have plenty of experience in a radio newsroom.
You'll have a great passion for news and you will be aware that it happens 24/7, so an understanding this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job is crucial. You should be willing to take ownership for being across the news agenda, and able to demonstrate a consistent track record in responding to breaking news stories. Flexibility and versatility in the role is vital.
3 best things about the job:
- You’ll be working on LBC News, one of the fastest growing commercial radio speech stations in the UK.
- No two days are the same; you’ll be working on a variety of national stories and working with journalists from Global’s newsrooms across Britain.
- This can lead to excellent career progression.
Measures of success:
In the first few months, you would have:
- Been trained to use our newsroom and studio facilities.
- Grasped the news agenda and produced stand-out content on LBC News.
- Set the standard in the quality of output across our newsroom.
Responsibilities of the role:
- The person in this position will have a relevant journalism qualification including a legal understanding - and experience in a radio newsroom working on a production desk.
- You’ll know how to write creatively and be able to deliver high quality, relevant, timely and accurate news and current affairs content.
- You’ll help set the on-air and digital agenda daily.
- You’ll have sound legal judgement and be proficient in Ofcom’s broadcast regulations and guidelines.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Delivering standout, OFCOM-compliant content which routinely meets and exceeds Global standards.
- Pitching and delivering exclusive, original content, either on your own or in collaboration with other team members.
- Understanding the importance of bespoke content across our brand portfolio and be capable of taking ownership for all editorial decisions with those diverse audiences in mind.
- Responding to changing situations and problem-solving under pressure, to ensure our output is always of the highest standard in all circumstances.
- News happens 24/7 - this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job and flexibility is key.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global.